Engineers on the product teams at Articulate work on complex full stack web-based applications. We believe the job of an engineer is more than just writing code. We are here to create experiences which delight our customers—that is always our top priority. In this role you will build performant systems and delightful tools that empower Articulate engineering teams to move quickly, safely, and reliably. This person sweats the details, focuses on quality results instead of effort, and sees problems as opportunities to learn and level up as a team.
What you’ll do
- Mentor and influence less-experienced team members in their technical career journey.
- Balance near-term engineering needs with long-term organizational direction.
- Address incoming requests for infrastructure support from internal engineering teams
- Assist in resolving outages and service disruptions by participating in an on-call rotation
- Ensure product engineers can easily add and manipulate infrastructure resources within their services by providing technical abstractions (Terrform modules, etc.) documentation, and education
- Be a living example of the best practices your team and adjacent teams should follow when building resilient, scalable systems and tools.
- Tenacious problem solving abilities across a broad spectrum of our team's problem spaces, including software engineering, infrastructure, performance, monitoring, security, reliability.
- Confidently lead and coordinate large-scale, cross-team, multi-disciplinary projects. Some recent projects this team has worked on include: moving services from Elastic Beanstalk to EKS, building out interconnected data lakes, configuring automated backup systems that align with our SOC2 policies.
What you should have
- 4 years professional experience
- You have a growth mindset and a deep passion for continuous learning.
- You’re comfortable making your way in and around Linux, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS environments.
- You are proficient in using Terraform to manage infrastructure.
- You’re skilled in the art of troubleshooting systems. You can grasp both the problem at hand and the historical context of it. You also make smart decisions about how to move forward on a problem and make the system better and more reliable for your team.
- When you get stuck, as we all do from time to time, you are able to reach out to your team for help, showing that you understand the problem space and have already explored options to resolve it.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 as well as Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work 2022, and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.