Articulate is the leading SaaS provider of online training solutions for the new world of work. Our industry-leading software and services make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online training that’s engaging and effective.
We are seeking a Director of Product Marketing with proven experience to build, scale, and lead our Core Product Marketing team. In partnership with the Vice President of Product Marketing, this person will help drive the go-to-market strategy for Articulate products and extend Articulate’s position as the industry leading creator platform for workplace learning.
The Director of Product Marketing will use their deep understanding of the market, our target segments and personas, and the competitive landscape to inform the product roadmap, positioning and messaging to differentiate Articulate products and enable our marketing and revenue teams.
What you'll do
- Define positioning, unique value props, and differentiated messaging that demonstrates ongoing value of Articulate products to support aggressive revenue, expansion, and renewal goals.
- Build out buyer personas and work cross-functionally to integrate key insights into our messaging that’s pulled through every aspect of the customer journey, from demand gen through customer success.
- Working closely with product and engineering, bring a customer-centric perspective to inform product development, pricing & packaging.
- Plan and execute research initiatives to develop a deep understanding of customers, markets and competitors that can inform GTM strategy.
- Work with the data team to clearly segment our customer/prospects; assess size of new and existing market opportunities.
- Lead product / feature launches, working in collaboration with demand gen and creative teams to execute multi-channel launches that effectively drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Support creation of assets for our revenue generation teams throughout the sales and customer success process (e.g pitch decks, brochures, sales sheets, demo scripts, training on how to position new features, booth demo scripts, etc.).
- Help build and execute foundational product marketing processes for product releases, new product launches and field readiness.
- Lead and develop a growing team of product marketing managers.
What you should have
- 10+ years marketing experience, 5+ within a B2B SaaS capacity, products to market, driving demand, retention, and expansion; proven ability to connect features/benefits/value propositions to key buyer and user personas.
- Strategic thinking - be adept at synthesizing multiple complex insights and data into clear frameworks, recommendations and action plans.
- Data-orientation - ability to create and leverage data as a leading input in decision-making; you lean on data and metrics but are comfortable making decisions when data is ambiguous or unreliable.
- Exceptional communication skills – be an amazing storyteller with the ability to translate complex ideas into narratives.
- Results-orientation - ability to prioritize, execute, and drive results.
- Cross-functional leadership - ability partner with internal stakeholders, collaborate effectively, incorporate input and pivot or push back when needed.
- Marketing Industry savvy - demonstrate strong knowledge of marketing best practices and enthusiasm for emerging technology, trends, innovations, and competitors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.