The senior project manager reports to our Manager, Strategic Projects.
The senior project manager will work independently to drive and ensure delivery of critical projects in partnership with teams across the organization, from start to finish. They’re responsible for developing project plans and timelines, managing efforts across participating groups, and ensuring stakeholders have visibility and appropriate approval of project progression. The senior project manager educates others on the strategic purpose of projects to gain buy-in and team alignment.
The senior project manager has a deep understanding of how Articulate works, including navigating the organization and building strong, collaborative relationships to get projects done. The senior project manager stays one step ahead to mitigate risk, identifying potential project impacts on other teams and complexities independently. They assess conflicting priorities and facilitate positive resolutions of roadblocks. The senior project manager has advanced organizational abilities required to keep cross-functional project teams aligned and in communication.
The senior project manager also engages in strategic planning for the organization, making recommendations to leadership folks on team needs, highlighting resource and staffing growth opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Manage and drive cross-functional projects in support of teams across the organization
- Work independently to identify goals, objectives, success criteria, and business objectives for projects within the organization.
- Define plans for executing critical projects; identify milestones, stakeholders, implications for other work, and impacts on other teams within the organization
- Create and execute all documentation and organizational framework for cross-functional projects
- Navigate project execution across the organization, empowering teams to deliver products, features, business process implementation, internal infrastructure, and more.
- Drive projects to completion, including finding solutions for roadblocks, managing deliverables, and holding team members accountable to their commitments
- Seek project progress and input from project team members and communicate project status across teams
- Facilitate open communication and collaboration within Articulate’s human-centered framework
- Give project stakeholders clear insight on project status, timelines, and potential obstacles; share recommendations and insights to highlight opportunities and resource gaps
- Maintaining Gantt charts that roll up into larger project and program charts
- Proactively communicate with peers and stakeholders on plans, progress, and problems
- Facilitate problem solving when projects hit roadblocks
- Define, collect, and analyze project metrics; derive insights from metrics to improve future project processes
- Lead retros after projects are completed to identify areas for improvement for senior project managers, stakeholders, and project teams
- In addition to your primary project management roles, you’ll join all Articulate team members in building an inclusive, human-centered culture by participating in culture-focused project teams
What you should have:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in project management
- Successful track record of driving project plans and execution in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with technical project management, engineering crews, and/or product leads in shipping new and enhanced business systems, processes, and product features within a SaaS business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively present in group settings and facilitate group discussions
- Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with folks across different teams and at all levels of the organization
- Extreme organizational skills, analytical abilities, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and flawless execution
- Understand how projects connect to the organization’s strategic plan
- Resilient, adaptable, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful, trustworthy doer
- Positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, and confident
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience