Hi. We’re Article Group, a product marketing agency.* We work with the largest and most recognized product-led businesses like Amazon, Facebook & Google to find unexpected solutions to challenging marketing and communications problems. We design and execute creative systems to position, launch, and build audiences for digital products and brands. We love an ambitious value proposition, hard-to-reach audiences, and a demanding sales cycle.
Our services help executives navigate all aspects of audience engagement from positioning to campaigns to an always-on drumbeat of content. With our deep background in the tech space, we can translate complex information into engaging assets and content, quickly, strategically, and with style.
We’re working with incredible partners and clients to develop this fast-growing approach to marketing strategy and creative. Join us.
* What’s a product marketing agency?
All of the tech you use, from apps to hardware, Is considered a “product.” That’s what we market; mostly to enterprises, sometimes to consumers, always to our great delight.
About the role (and our work)
Project timelines may range between 6 weeks and several months, and teams typically consist of engagement leads, strategists, writers and designers - sometimes as few as 3 people and occasionally as many as 10, typically blended between full-time and freelance.
In this role, you will support engagement leads with deliverables that range from “main-stage” (and virtual) event content and design, digital collateral (e.g. sales decks, e-books, case studies, demonstration videos) to campaign materials (e.g. landing pages, ad units), helping ensure that schedules are accurate and clear, internal teams have the inputs they need (sometimes from one another), and clients are apprised of project status(es) in a timely, articulate manner.
While not accountable for independent management of projects or client relationships, this role requires an interest in and fundamental aptitude for both “behind the scenes” process and “front of house” communication with customers.
- Maintain project schedules for several distinct projects. Initially operating per direction of more senior engagement personnel, you should eventually demonstrate greater independence, based on increased learning of how we work.
- Maintain talent resource plans, in alignment with schedules (e.g. “who’s working on what?”). Monitor and flag major gaps in coverage and conflicts where individuals’ appear tasked beyond capacity.
- Facilitate team collaboration on multiple projects through summarized communication of action items / direction from clients. While initially this may entail mere transcription, over time you should be able to synthesize key points concisely, and infer implications.
- At direction of Group Engagement Director, create summary reports on project burn rates and schedule adherence across the account
- 1-2+ years work experience in project management of some type (ideally centered around advertising, marketing, sales, production, or a creative discipline)
- Process-oriented: Do you strive for the most logical or efficient ways to do things? (particularly things that can’t just be Googled)
- Leaderly: Are you the person your family or friends go to in order to get things done? The one who always led group projects in school, or enjoyed extracurricular activities which required cat-herding?
- Intensely organized: You get satisfaction when digital and physical objects are neatly tucked into their proper place. Your phone screen makes total sense.
- Strong communication skills: Clear, to the point, friendly, persuasive, confident without being arrogant.
- Quick study: Keen to learn new things and use new tools (if you are already familiar with Smartsheet or Microsoft Project, that’s a huge plus!)
Article Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We started as a distributed team, and have barely skipped a beat in shifting to 100% remote. When it’s abundantly safe to work in and commute to our offices, we will re-open – but will remain flexible to remote collaboration.