Hi. We’re Article Group, a product marketing agency.* We work with the largest and most recognized product-led businesses like Amazon, Facebook & Google to find unexpected solutions to challenging marketing and communications problems. We design and execute creative systems to position, launch, and build audiences for digital products and brands. We love an ambitious value proposition, hard-to-reach audiences, and a demanding sales cycle.
Our services help executives navigate all aspects of audience engagement from positioning to campaigns to an always-on drumbeat of content. With our deep background in the tech space, we can translate complex information into engaging assets and content, quickly, strategically, and with style.
We’re working with incredible partners and clients to develop this fast-growing approach to marketing strategy and creative. Join us.
* What’s a product marketing agency?
All of the tech you use, from apps to hardware, Is considered a “product.” That’s what we market; mostly to enterprises, sometimes to consumers, always to our great delight.
The Associate Creative Director at Article Group leads project teams through conception and delivery of compelling b2b technology marketing campaigns and content artifacts. You will have accountability for creative problem-solving and project-team leadership, while still contributing to client-facing deliverables in a “hands-on” manner.
You will help our clients and our team determine creative solutions per audience and marketing intent, ensuring that ideas are right, not merely good. You will ensure work products are coherent and beautiful across messaging and design, whether within a suite of campaign deliverables or as singular objects. In close collaboration with strategy and account / engagement management disciplines, you will gracefully represent Article Group to clients and own accountability for creative decisions.
Your background skews towards systematic design, art direction, and storytelling - but you have sufficient wherewithal to gauge the fitness of copy within a design. You are capable of direct partnership with strategy and engagement leads to identify client problems and plan project level processes to tackle them. You can lead the creative effort by example as both a doer and delegate of tasks while giving concise actionable feedback to team members of all levels. Ultimately you are responsible for crafting and advocating for the integrity of the core creative vision with team members and clients.
As an ACD [Design] with Article Group, you will focus on business-to-business marketing challenges for our agency’s enterprise-level technology clients. You will understand and untangle technically dense subjects and (potentially) niche audiences in order to articulate persuasive, engaging and human messages within websites, presentations, sales collateral, whitepapers, emails and other media.
You’ll be an ideal candidate if you have:
- At minimum, 8 years’ experience in advertising, brand design, digital production or relevant creative services
- At minimum, 5 years’ experience of increasing overarching creative responsibility
- At minimum, 3 years’ experience leading creative teams either with direct or indirect reporting relationships
- A contemporary portfolio reflecting your specific designs and contributions, with specific examples relevant to our client focus (mostly b2b, mostly software and technology companies)
- Experience working remotely or with remote teams via video conference and messaging tools
- Comfort handling overlapping assignments; some entailing oversight of others, others directly in your hands
- Demonstrated skill as an empathetic listener, communicator and collaborator
- Poise under pressure
- Resilience to accept criticism of your work
- Proficiency with creative and business software and an ability to quickly learn and embrace new tools
This role is not ideal for individuals seeking:
- “Hands off” authority
- First-time experience within an agency or related service model
- Focus exclusively on a single creative discipline
Article Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We started as a distributed team, and have barely skipped a beat in shifting to 100% remote. When it’s abundantly safe to work in and commute to our offices, we will re-open – but will remain flexible to remote collaboration.