Hi. We’re Article Group, a product marketing agency.* We work with the largest and most recognized product-led businesses like Amazon, Facebook & Google to find unexpected solutions to challenging marketing and communications problems. We design and execute creative systems to position, launch, and build audiences for digital products and brands. We love an ambitious value proposition, hard-to-reach audiences, and a demanding sales cycle.
Our services help executives navigate all aspects of audience engagement from positioning to campaigns to an always-on drumbeat of content. With our deep background in the tech space, we can translate complex information into engaging assets and content, quickly, strategically, and with style.
We’re working with incredible partners and clients to develop this fast-growing approach to marketing strategy and creative. Join us.
* What’s a product marketing agency?
All of the tech you use, from apps to hardware, Is considered a “product.” That’s what we market; mostly to enterprises, sometimes to consumers, always to our great delight.
We’re seeking an Engagement Director based… anywhere, theoretically, but ideally in Eastern or Central Time Zones.
In this role, you will lead, manage, and help clients build a new business offering for one of the leading technology companies on the planet. This role is responsible for overall client satisfaction and delivery excellence across an integrated program of strategy, product marketing and creative messaging work. You will flourish in this role if you are entrepreneurially and solution minded from Day One.
Project timelines may range from 6 weeks to several months, and teams typically consist of engagement directors, strategists, writers and designers - sometimes as few as 3 people and occasionally as many as 10, typically blended between full-time and freelance.
- Act as a thoughtful, empathetic client partner and advocate for your team and the agency’s business
- Independently craft project proposals, contracts, budgets and schedules
- Shape and manage internal and client-facing workflows for efficient and humane use of time and energy. When needed, analyze and improve upon standard operating procedures.
- Expertly communicate and collaborate with internal teams and clients to align expectations and ensure Article Group has necessary inputs for success
- Look three steps ahead: vigilantly forecast resource needs, enabling cost-effective delivery of great work and minimal drama
- Understand clients’ needs and challenges as a means to add value and build partnership
- At minimum, 6 years’ experience facilitating creative agency or internal marketing team efforts. Your team’s outputs may have run the gamut from brand and messaging strategies, digital marketing campaigns, sales collateral, digital product design. Prior or equivalent experience with event production will be a major plus.
- Comfort handling two or three overlapping assignments with durations ranging from roughly 6 weeks to 6 months.
- A proven ability to invent or improve processes (better yet, you enjoy making systems run better!)
- Familiarity with the marketing needs of complicated b2b companies (particularly b2b SaaS)
- Demonstrated skill as an empathetic listener, communicator and negotiator - in person, in writing, and via calls / video conference settings
- Proficiency with G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar), and an ability to quickly learn and embrace new tools
This role is not ideal for individuals seeking:
- First-time experience within a creative agency or related service
- IT project management
- Corporate finance program management
- “Behind the scenes” print or multimedia production
- Sales account management
Article Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We started as a distributed team, and have barely skipped a beat in shifting to 100% remote. When it’s abundantly safe to work in and commute to our offices, we will re-open – but will remain flexible to remote collaboration.