Hi. We’re Article Group, a product marketing agency.* We work with the largest and most recognized product-led businesses like Amazon, Facebook & Google to find unexpected solutions to challenging marketing and communications problems. We design and execute creative systems to position, launch, and build audiences for digital products and brands. We love an ambitious value proposition, hard-to-reach audiences, and a demanding sales cycle.
Our services help executives navigate all aspects of audience engagement from positioning to campaigns to an always-on drumbeat of content. With our deep background in the tech space, we can translate complex information into engaging assets and content, quickly, strategically, and with style.
We’re working with incredible partners and clients to develop this fast-growing approach to marketing strategy and creative. Join us.
* What’s a product marketing agency?
All of the tech you use, from apps to hardware, Is considered a “product.” That’s what we market; mostly to enterprises, sometimes to consumers, always to our great delight.
About the role (and our work)
We are a creative agency focused on product marketing and messaging. Our deliverables range from digital collateral (e.g. sales decks, e-books, case studies, demonstration videos) to campaign materials (e.g. landing pages, ad units) to “main-stage” (now virtual) event content and design.
Project teams may range between 6 weeks and several months, and typically consist of engagement managers, strategists, writers and designers—sometimes as few as 3 people and occasionally as many as 10, typically blended between full-time and freelance.
As a senior copywriter with Article Group, you will focus on business-to-business marketing challenges for our agency’s enterprise-level and start-up technology clients. You will understand and untangle technically dense subjects and (potentially) niche audiences in order to articulate persuasive, engaging and human messages within websites, presentations, sales collateral, whitepapers, emails and other media.
- Supplement creative briefs / insight reports with independent research into technical topics and audience concerns: you should seek to understand our client’s business and audience, not simply write to a specification.
- Collaborate with strategy colleagues to shape messaging / positioning frameworks
- Write all levels of copy for digital and offline media, ensuring that style, tone and voice are appropriately aligned with intended audience and client brand
- Ensure writing deliverables are edited and proofed for client reviews and final delivery
- Present and explain your work and approach to collaborators and clients
You’ll be an ideal candidate if you have:
- At minimum, 5 years’ experience writing marketing or sales-oriented copy for complex products and sophisticated, expert-level audiences, applying a variety of styles based on brand and audience requirements
- Experience working remotely or with remote teams via video conference and messaging tools
- Comfort handling two or three overlapping assignments with durations ranging from roughly 4-8 weeks
- A proven ability to manage and organize your own work and adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Familiarity with the marketing needs of complicated b2b companies (particularly b2b SaaS)
- Demonstrated skill as an empathetic listener, communicator and collaborator
- Poise under pressure
- Resilience to accept criticism of your work
- Proficiency with G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar), and an ability to quickly learn and embrace new tools
This role is not ideal for individuals seeking:
- Exclusive concentration on advertising copywriting (e.g. TV spots, display ads, social posts)
- Technical documentation / user-manual writing
Article Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We started as a distributed team, and have barely skipped a beat in shifting to 100% remote. When it’s abundantly safe to work in and commute to our offices, we will re-open – but will remain flexible to remote collaboration.