Array is revolutionizing how businesses leverage and enhance consumer data. Our platform enables innovative companies and developers to seamlessly integrate credit and identity data into their apps, websites or workflows. As a remote-first company, we’re focused on providing opportunities for autonomous individuals to have high levels of impact at the forefront of the fintech space. Continuous improvement, experimentation, and a clear mission stretch us individually and together in service of delivering the best products for our clients and users.
We are passionate about helping businesses leverage financial consumer data — from making the next credit report analysis suite that’s embedded in a digital banking platform to creating a new underwriting engine that leverages cash flow to make the underwriting process more fair and equitable for everyone.
We do this by building best-in-class API’s, embeddable web components and custom solutions so our customers can use deep credit data insights to improve their business and user experience. Founded by engineers — and customer obsessed — we leap at every opportunity to solve technical challenges, from creating a new language that will allow people to effectively and securely interact with highly confidential credit data to designing a solution that allows us to effectively deploy any component across multiple digital banking platforms with minimal setup. And we're only getting started.
Engineering Managers at Array have a strong strategic business focus. They are responsible for and grow key business areas while closely partnering with strong individual contributors. They help grow and scale the engineering team as Array grows while overseeing the development and release of new products and features by partnering with Sales, Compliance, UX, Legal, Product, Customer Solutions, Client Growth, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Talent Acquisition and QA. Engineering Managers are accountable for business alignment and know the levers to pull in order to execute successfully.
- Hire great engineering talent to build an effective team
- Support individual contributors, as well as engineering managers in their career development by providing clear feedback
- Develop engineering leaders to own large impactful areas
- Ensure a high technical bar by creating/adopting development processes (architecture reviews, testing) and instilling a culture that promotes engineering excellence
- Build effective roadmaps that allow Array to execute on our ambitious goals
- Coordinate execution and collaborate across multifaceted teams to unblock cross-cutting projects that may represent the most pressing needs of the organization
- Promote and cultivate a positive environment that fosters respect, collaboration, openness, and equality
- Be a key decision maker by constantly weigh trade offs based on opportunity cost, critical bugs, tech debt and exercise sound decision making ability while understanding the core needs of the business
- Keen eye for hiring and developing high caliber talent, especially engineering leadership
- Passionate about creating/adopting efficient business processes that increase velocity and improve quality
- Experience managing engineering teams that build and operate high volume distributed systems in a SaaS environment
- Experience scaling engineering teams
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional teams
- BS or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Previous engineering management or leadership experience
- Experience architecting complex, performant, and reliable distributed systems
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a product-minded focus
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of empathy
Array Offers All Employees the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave + 14 company holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- In-house wellness concierge and partnership with TalkSpace to support mental health
- 100% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- $2,000 medical travel coverage
- $1,000 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique remote office
- $100/month to subsidize wifi/cell phone expenses
One of our core values at Array is to care and support one another, and that's why we strive to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Diversity, equity, and inclusion foster collaboration, comfort, and confidence. We're at our collective best when we each feel our best.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.