ReciBioPharm, the biologics business unit of Recipharm AB, is a visionary contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that partners with companies seeking to develop and manufacture complex biological drugs and innovative therapies. Our dedicated team, state-of-the-art facilities, and unparalleled resources are crucial for advancing products from development to commercial launch. Our vision is to be the trusted and innovative CDMO partner for advanced therapy pioneers, so that we can bring life-changing therapeutics to patients. We partner with our clients to make treatments that can benefit vast patient populations, working across many indications. ReciBioPharm’s mission is to change healthcare through our intrepid and daring team engaging with clients to develop, manufacture, and supply breakthrough therapies that transform lives.
Seeking a skilled Downstream Scientist responsible for the development and optimization of purification unit operations tailored to gene therapy applications, encompassing plasmid, mRNA, AAV, and microbial products. The role involves a strong focus on column resin screening, in-depth chromatography expertise, and hands-on proficiency in tangential flow filtration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Downstream Process Development: Drive the development of downstream processes, specializing in chromatography and tangential flow filtration unit operations. Design and execute studies aimed at achieving high process yield, robustness, and scalability, crucial for supporting GMP manufacturing of gene therapy products.
- Technical Expertise: Serve as a technical authority in gene therapy purification, process characterization, and process scale-up. Collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams and contribute expertise during technical transfer activities.
- Innovation and Process Improvement: Lead efforts to advance the downstream platform process through innovative solutions and champion creative process improvement initiatives. Evaluate and demonstrate proof-of-concept for new technologies and ideas, implementing them to enhance process efficiency, reduce costs, and optimize process yield while upholding product quality standards. · Project Leadership: Take charge of technical projects and regularly oversee the work of team members to ensure the successful achievement of technical milestones.
- Technical Documentation and Dissemination: Prepare technical protocols, reports, and peer-reviewed external journal articles. Present scientific findings at relevant scientific conferences, contributing to the dissemination of valuable knowledge and insights.
- This position offers a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in the cutting-edge field of gene therapy, driving innovation and excellence in downstream processing to deliver life-changing therapies to patients.
Experience and Skills
- B.S or M.S. Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of related experience · Experience in chromatography and tangential flow filtration development and DNA purification techniques preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required · Experience with commercial scale up, large-scale bio-manufacture and cGMP
- Ability to independently design experiments, analyze complex data and interpret and present experimental results, required.
- Demonstrated leadership and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively motivate and manage a team in a fast-paced work environment.
Who We Are
ReciBioPharm hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at ReciBioPharm, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging. Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
- This position requires a criminal background check and drug screening.
- COVID19 Vaccine required to come on site; Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should reach out to Human Resources for an accommodation.
ReciBioPharm offers a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and generous vacation and time off policies among other attractive benefits. We operate in a world class facility to attract the best and brightest talent to work collaboratively in our mission to bring novel therapies to the patients who need them most.
ReciBioPharm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.