ReciBioPharm, the biologics business unit of Recipharm AB, is a visionary contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that partners with companies seeking to develop and manufacture complex biological drugs and innovative therapies. Our dedicated team, state-of-the-art facilities, and unparalleled resources are crucial for advancing products from development to commercial launch. Our vision is to be the trusted and innovative CDMO partner for advanced therapy pioneers, so that we can bring life-changing therapeutics to patients. We partner with our clients to make treatments that can benefit vast patient populations, working across many indications. ReciBioPharm’s mission is to change healthcare through our intrepid and daring team engaging with clients to develop, manufacture, and supply breakthrough therapies that transform lives.
Arranta Bio is seeking a talented individual to join our Continuous Manufacturing of mRNA Group (CMRG) in Watertown, MA. As a member of the elite CMRG team, this individual will be an integral member of the industry leading continuous manufacturing team supporting Arranta’s mission of creating mRNA CM production lines capable of Real Time Release Testing (RTRT). Specifically, the role will design and implement innovative continuous manufacturing technologies, data science and process modeling.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partner with chemists, analysts, and engineers within Arranta and academic institutions to develop the world’s first continuous RTRT manufacturing skid for mRNA.
- Support development activities such as process design, optimization and process control in both domain of Drug Substance and Drug Product using modelling technology.
- Leverage engineering modeling to efficiently support the development, the design space definition and the optimum manufacture of processes.
- Partner with experts in process analytical technology, automation and control to enable the delivery of integrated unit operations for development and manufacture.
- Perform experiments to understand reaction mechanisms and kinetics, thermodynamics and scale dependent factors.
- Apply engineering skills and specific process knowledge to understand and resolve scale-up issues during transfer.
- Lead the development and implementation of new and existing workflows and methodologies.
- Collaborate and prepares internal research reports and technical presentations.
- Collaborate and author external publications and present research at external conferences.
- Yes. May oversee, manage, and provide guidance to the activities of lower-level team members.
Experience and Skills
- PhD in Chemistry or Engineering or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in industry or academia.
- Proven track record developing system models and process simulations.
- Demonstrated application of Machine Learning methodologies.
- Domain knowledge in small molecule with direct experience in either upstream or downstream development or manufacturing.
- Experience in modeling using gPROMS, Aspen, DynoChem.
- Some programing knowledge in e.g. Matlab, gPROMS, CFD.
- An ability to work as part of a team, engaging other scientists with complementary skill sets in the field of Biopharmaceutics.
- A change agent mentality, proposing novel approach to challenging scientific questions.
Who We Are
ReciBioPharm hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at ReciBioPharm, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging. Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
- This position requires a criminal background check and drug screening.
- COVID19 Vaccine required to come on site; Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should reach out to Human Resources for an accommodation.
ReciBioPharm offers a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and generous vacation and time off policies among other attractive benefits. We operate in a world class facility to attract the best and brightest talent to work collaboratively in our mission to bring novel therapies to the patients who need them most.
ReciBioPharm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.