Technical Security Engineer
Arqit is a cyber security company. It supplies a unique Platform-as-a-Service which makes the communications and data of any networked device secure against current and future forms of attack – even from a quantum computer. It uses a novel protocol invented by Arqit which delivers symmetric key agreement at mass market scale.
Arqit’s product, QuantumCloud™ was launched in July 2021. It enables any device to download a lightweight software agent, which can create encryption keys in partnership with any other device. The keys are computationally secure, one-time use and zero trust. QuantumCloud™ can create limitless volumes of keys in limitless group sizes and are used within existing globally standardized software. The addressable market for QuantumCloud™ is every connected device.
Our technology is transformational, years ahead of rivals and solves the biggest problem in tech today. We are on a journey to hyperscale. Arqit trades on Nasdaq as “ARQQ” presently capitalised at around $2 billion. Arqit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers in engineering and cryptography, and our marketing team is growing in size and purpose to match the ambitions of the business.
Arqit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers and we now have new opportunity for a Technical Security Engineer, supporting security architecture and security testing. The role may involve working in our London office or in our regional operations centre, and there will be considerable flexibility around working from home.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Security Lead Architect / Manager with programme security architecture and security testing.
- Working with Technical, Service, and Programme Management teams to review technical and service designs.
- Proposing Security technical solutions.
- To evolve to ownership of specific aspects of security design and system sub-elements.
- Supporting research in new security technologies.
- Reviewing functional test activities.
- Proposing Security Test plans and specifications.
What we’re looking for:
- Familiarity with Security design concepts.
- Understanding of requirements, security test processes including functional testing and vulnerability management including purpose of Penetration Testing.
- Familiarity with common security tools in networked computing environments.
- Passion for working with others to support the security of wider programme(s), and for proposing solutions.
- Strong documentation / diagrammatic skills.
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment.
- Ability to work in the UK and gain UK government security clearance are both ESSENTIAL
Helpful to have
Please note the following are useful, but can be learnt on the job by enthusiastic and open-minded candidates:
- Experience of Security Architecture standards and frameworks.
- Experience of Security Assurance of Secure designs for sensitive data.
- Knowledge of Cryptography and dedicated cryptographic devices.
- Experience in production of security test planning and security test specification.
- Experience of delivering test campaigns, management of external test teams.
- Security Design Documentation delivery.
- Visio or equivalent design tools.
- Requirements analysis.
- Space Industry experience.