Systems Engineering Manager
ArQit is a world-leading high-innovation organisation: we're building the world's first global quantum safe cloud SaaS system to deliver provable security to data at rest, on the move and in transaction.
ArQit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers in engineering and cryptography, and we now have an opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to play a central technical role in the design, development, integration and test of our innovative system.
This will be an exciting role reporting to the Engineering Director. It will involve the delivery of a genuinely cutting-edge system comprised of satellites, mission management software and ground receivers supplied by a skilled team of industrial partners. The role will involve working with a broad range of space, optical, quantum, cryptographic and enterprise software technologies across the full engineering lifecycle.
The role is based in London, with significant home-working time possible. We are committed to maintaining a working environment which is welcoming and supportive
What you’ll be doing
- Managing internal Systems Engineering Teams and Interfaces with Suppliers/Partners
- Develop engineering plans for and oversee execution of of design, development, verification and validation activities
- Delivery of engineering milestones and outputs OTOCOQ
- Oversee system technical baselines including for requirements, architecture, interfaces and budgets
- Co-ordination and tasking of multi-disciplinary internal and external engineering teams
- Developing and implementing Systems Engineering processes, toolsets and governance
- Management and mentoring of engineering staff
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level in Physics, Engineering or a Technical Discipline
- Significant experience in Systems Engineering
- Leadership skills and experience of leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Track record of OTOCOQ delivery of engineering work packages on high value, high technology projects
- Understanding of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles
- Desire to work on new concepts in space or quantum systems
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work in the UK immediately to obtain UK security clearance are both essential
Helpful to have (but not essential)
- INCOSE or other System Engineering Qualification
- Demonstrable experience with requirements management (JAMA, JIRA, others), system architecture and system modelling tools.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following fields: satellite systems (LEO preferred), optical/photonic systems, quantum communications, cryptography, security systems, enterprise telecommunications.
- Experience with European Space Agency system engineering processes and ECSS standards
- Experience of Software Development Lifecycles
- Experience of System Integration, Test and Verification