What does the future of work look like using Around 🔮? Just ask these amazing companies who use us every day... Canva, Asana, Productboard, Miro, Automattic, Uber, HitRecord, Netflix, Murmur, Hopper, Sweetgreen, Deepnote, Coursera, and the list goes on.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will focus on the deployment and production of Around, which is used daily by people all over the world, while working with a modern & contemporary tech stack.
🚀 What You'll Do
Manage and maintain our AWS cloud infrastructure, while planning ahead for scale
Build and support tooling and automated infrastructure necessary to help the production environments and produce a fully functional system
Provide improvements of the development and deployment processes (pipelines, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Staging)
Collaborate with the rest of the team to help them improve the scalability and reliability of services
Kubernetes and Docker-based cloud optimizations
Repair server-based flaws and issues
Deploy and maintain Kubernetes clusters using infrastructure-as-code approaches and technologies
Develop troubleshooting, logging, and monitoring systems
Participate in on-call rotation
Guide the team to consider scale-out implications and operational support implications of the choices they make during the sprints
✨ Bonus points
- Previous experience working with WebRTC or other real-time video and audio approaches are always welcome!
🛠 Tools + Technologies
- React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, other CI/CD frameworks
🙋🏽♀️ About You
- Extensive Kubernetes experience and experience with container-based software toolchains, including k8s
- Experience with AWS, and other cloud providers
- Experience designing large scale distributed systems
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, or Jenkins
- You have maintained services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and system health.
- You are highly empathetic, naturally curious, and are passionate about building a world-class product.
- You enjoy learning from others, sharing your knowledge and experience, and working with others to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
- You have a customer-first mindset and an appreciation for amazing user experiences, and a strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- You are excited about working remotely and see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team primarily based in the US and Europe.
💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment
🪑 Home-Office Setup
🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
💰 US-based: 401K + Match
🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits
🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend
📚 Learning Budget
💗 Stipends for Remote Work
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced engineers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding engineers and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
PS... by submitting your application you confirm you've read our privacy notice for candidates.