What does the future of work look like using Around 🔮? Just ask these amazing companies who use us every day... Canva, Asana, Productboard, Miro, Automattic, Uber, HitRecord, Netflix, Murmur, Hopper, Sweetgreen, Deepnote, Coursera, and the list goes on.
We're looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Software Engineer who’s passionate about Electron!
You are very familiar with Electron including building and shipping multi-platform experiences with the technology and will be part of a team responsible for building and maintaining our native, downloadable app.
Work on Electron, NodeJS, and Chromium open-source projects to propel the stability and performance of Around's desktop application (available on Mac, Windows, & Linux). If you are an active member of the Electron open-source community, we will happily sponsor your work!
You'll work closely with the team to implement new features and intuitive design elements, refine and maintain existing features, and solve challenges creatively to ensure the best desktop experience and keep our growing user base happy.
We need you to continue our OSS work and accelerate the performance of our desktop app. Our video-focused use case pushes the boundaries of Electron and your support is needed to propel it further. If you’re passionate about open-source and keen on solving complex technical challenges in the desktop app landscape, we’d love to meet you!
- 3+ years of experience using and building Electron and Chromium
- Strong experience with C++ desktop applications
- Experience working with React, Redux, TypeScript, NodeJS
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design, API design and security
✨ Bonus Points
- Familiarity with AWS and various cloud platforms
🛠 Tech Stack
- React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS
🙋🏽♀️ About You
- You are highly empathetic, naturally curious, and are passionate about building a world-class product.
- You enjoy learning from others, sharing your knowledge and experience, and working with others to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
- You have a customer-first mindset and an appreciation for amazing user experiences, and a strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- You are excited about working remotely and see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team primarily based in the US and Europe.
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding engineers and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
PS... by submitting your application you confirm you've read our privacy notice for candidates.