Full Stack Engineer
Join us on a thrilling journey to improve how teams work together in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls.
The engineering team at Around.co oversees the technology and end-to-end user experience of our video features across desktop and mobile. The team’s mission is to give our users the utmost certainty that our video and client experience is excellent.
Check out what people are saying about Around: http://bit.ly/around-love 🥰
*This is a 100% remote opportunity. We're looking for candidates within the US, EU, and LATAM time zones.*
We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Full Stack Engineer to help contribute to the delight and influence of our audio and video technology.
You’ll work closely with the team to craft backend systems that support the Around user experience and contribute to the platform's infrastructure and tools as well as implement new features and intuitive design elements, refine and maintain existing features, and solve challenges creatively to keep our growing user base happy.
- 3+ years of experience using React, Redux, TypeScript, NodeJS, Type ORM, MobX
- Experience with Electron, ReactNative, Swift/Obj-C, bridging from ReactNative to Native
- Experience using tools like Xcode, Visual Studio Code, Figma
🖐🏻 Bonus points
- Production experience in mobile development with React Native in the audio/video space.
🛠 Tech Stack
- React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
🙋🏽♀️ About You
- Experienced in building APIs and client libraries used by multiple engineering teams and have worked with protocols REST GraphQL
- You are highly empathetic, naturally curious, and are passionate about building a world-class product.
- You enjoy learning from others, sharing your knowledge and experience, and working with others to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
- You have a customer-first mindset and an appreciation for amazing user experiences, and a strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- You are excited about working remotely and see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team primarily based in the US and Europe.
💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options
💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment
🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
💰 US-based: 401K + Match
💗 Home-Office Stipends for Remote Work
🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits
🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend
📚 Learning Budget (online courses, books, conferences, language lessons)
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We're an early-stage startup with 30+ team members and growing fast. Our HQ is in Redwood City, CA, but we are a remote-first company with a worldwide team across 10 countries and counting.
Our leadership team is made of serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with distributed global teams. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.