Security & Compliance Analyst
Join us on a thrilling journey to improve how teams work together in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls.
Around is the new "anti-fatigue" video call. We are obsessed with making it easy for our users to stop sweating the small things like background noise... allowing people to get down to work and focus on innovation rather than on dogs barking or washing machines.
Check out what people are saying about Around: http://bit.ly/around-love 🥰
This person in this role will be responsible for understanding and supporting Around’s organizational, procedural and technological security controls within the context of the global regulatory frameworks applicable to our business. This role requires someone with a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions pertaining to regulatory standards, and a polished ability to communicate with key internal stakeholders.
This Security & Compliance Analyst has a passion for implementing innovative security controls that mitigate risk to the company, empower a culture of rapid innovation, and help demonstrate our dedication to security to the world.
🚀 What You'll Be Doing
- Drive and execute critical security and compliance objectives such as SOC II, HIPAA, and ISO27001.
- Lead Around through internal and external audits and reviews.
- Develop company wide security programs and establish reports and control incidents.
- Codify controls and develop security and compliance reporting for a variety of audiences, including executive management and external stakeholders.
- Work directly with teams to facilitate risk assessment and risk management process.
🙋🏽♀️ About You
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- You have compliance audit expertise in SOC 2 Type I, SOC 2 Type II, HIPAA, ISO27001, or related compliance frameworks.
- You have experience in IT security, compliance, and risk management.
- You have knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles related to processing, storage and transmission of data.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across teams.
- You are familiar with tools like Vanta or TugboatLogic.
- You are familiar with AWS, and other cloud providers.
- You will be working in a fully distributed remote team - we expect you to have strong previous experience in working in a remote organization.
🛠 Tech Stack
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
🖐🏻 Bonus points
- Previous experience working with WebRTC or other real-time video and audio approaches are always welcome!
💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options
💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment
🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
💰 401K + Match
💗 Home-Office Stipends for Remote Work
🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits
🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend
📚 Learning Budget (online courses, books, conferences, language lessons)
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We're an early-stage startup with 30+ team members and growing fast. Our HQ is in Redwood City, CA, but we are a remote-first company with a worldwide team across the US and Europe.
Our leadership team is made of serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with distributed global teams. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.