Join us on a thrilling journey to improve how teams work together in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls.
Check out what people are saying about Around: http://bit.ly/around-love 🥰
As an iOS Engineer, you will build features and maintain our mobile application using React Native and Typescript built on top of a native platform which is used daily by people around the world.
You’ll work closely with the team to implement new features and intuitive design elements, and solve challenges creatively to keep our growing user base happy.
🚀 What You'll Be Doing
- Full lifecycle software development using iOS mobile development environments, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Design, implement, test, and modernize screens and components to improve the Around video call quality and experience for all iOS users.
- Develop meaningful, large-scale, initiatives in our mobile application utilizing React Native and TypeScript built on top of a native platform.
- Troubleshoot and support the current platform in production, and architect new components for our cross-platform component library using React Native Web.
- Collaborate across teams to support key mobile product features, deliver new features to users, and improve the technical direction of our mobile application.
- Understand performance and scalability principles and apply them when developing software.
- Run unit testing, automated regression testing, and usability testing to increase mobile performance and accessibility.
- 2+ years of experience building React Native and native iOS mobile apps.
- Proven record of professional app development experience in iOS.
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift.
- Solid experience in architecture design and object-oriented design principles.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, or Jenkins.
🖐🏻 Bonus points
- Experience delivering React Native features for Android.
- Production experience in mobile development with React Native in the audio/video space.
🛠 Tech Stack
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
🙋🏽♀️ About You
- You are highly empathetic, naturally curious, and are passionate about building a world-class product.
- You enjoy learning from others, sharing your knowledge and experience, and working with others to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
- You have a customer-first mindset and an appreciation for amazing user experiences, and a strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
- You are excited about working remotely and see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team primarily based in the US and Europe.
💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options
💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment
🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
💰 401K + Match
💗 Home-Office Stipends for Remote Work
🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits
🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend
📚 Learning Budget (online courses, books, conferences, language lessons)
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We're an early-stage startup with 30+ team members and growing fast. Our HQ is in Redwood City, CA, but we are a remote-first company with a worldwide team across the US and Europe.
Our leadership team is made of serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with distributed global teams. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.