Join our journey to improve how teams collaborate in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls. Around.co is the new "anti-fatigue" active presence. We are obsessed to make it easy for our users to stop sweating the small things like background noise, allowing people to get down to work, and focus on innovation rather than on dog barking or washing machines.
What You'll Be Doing
- Be our first technical support hire!
- Lead the technical support function at Around setting a high bar for delightful, seamless customer support experience
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical issues related to network technologies.
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers, developers, and internal stakeholders to prioritize and resolve bugs
- Define process and tooling for ticketing including prioritizations, escalations and SLAs
- Build processes to deliver customer feedback in a digestible way to the Product team and other internal stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on new issues that need to be communicated to users and work with Marketing to ensure communications happen in a timely manner
- Create self service options for customers to reduce inbound tickets (FAQ’s, knowledge base)
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- 5+ years experience leading customer support teams
- You have already worked as a a Technical Support Engineer
- You have an excellent understanding of IP communications (WebRTC, VOIP, or other communication protocols)
- You have an excellent understanding of software design
- You will be working in a fully distributed remote team - we expect you to have strong previous experience in working in a remote organization
Our Tech Stack
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- Previous experience working with WebRTC or other real-time video and audio approaches are always welcome!
- Open source contributions.
Our leadership team are serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with teams remotely. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around.co team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.