There's a time and place for traditional video meetings. Around is not that place. Instead of dominating work calls that disrupt focus and drain energy, Around is designed for creative sessions where working together is the focus.
Around has eliminated everything tired about video calls and rebuilt it from the ground up with remote teams in mind, offering a lightweight, collaborative experience that floats on your desktop and is perfect for things like design sessions, brainstorms, or code reviews. We have over 10,000 teams using Around, ranging from boutique design studios to some of the world's most innovative companies, and receive proclamations of love from our users on a daily basis.
About the role:
We’ve grown mostly through word of mouth—and we know our incredible community is to thank for that. As our first community hire (and the second hire on our marketing team!), you’ll be responsible for one thing: lavishing love on our community, plain and simple. We emphatically believe that community is not a specific channel or forum; the foundation of community is everything that we do to make sure we continue to earn our customers’ love, loyalty and trust.
Whether it’s building deep relationships with customers 1:1, or figuring out ways to connect them with each other, you’ll be crucial in shaping what that looks like.
What you’ll do:
- Build deep relationships with our community of makers that use Around on a daily/weekly basis, activating them as advocates for our brand
- Become the bridge between our community and our product team (e.g. recruiting customers to join beta programs, setting up user feedback sessions, updating users when features they’ve requested have been built, etc.)
- Creating and managing programs/communications to delight, engage and retain our community at scale (e.g. online community, email updates, etc.), as well as drive word of mouth growth
- Provide timely responses to user questions, comments and concerns over different channels (e.g. email and social)
- Identify and work with internal and external influencers, as well as manage any future ambassador/influencer marketing programs
- Organize and participate in online (and eventually, offline events) to build community and boost brand awareness
- Ensure Around maintains relevance and authenticity with our community, as well as provide intel on major trends or interesting patterns
What you’re good at:
- Must love people. We’re looking for someone who is naturally user-centric, customer-obsessed, and will advocate on behalf of our community
- A joy and passion for helping others. Known for going above and beyond for users
- Fantastic (and active) listener who is skilled at observing user behavior and can notice interesting patterns quickly
- Creative thinker and self-starter who can bring new ideas and perspectives—and loves rolling up their sleeves to experiment and get things done
- 3+ years of experience in community management (specifically online forums or online communities like Slack, Discord, Telegram, etc.)
- Familiarity with social media channels (Twitter, IG, etc.)
- Highly organized and process-driven with high attention to detail (i.e. you don’t let things fall through the cracks)
- Ability to work both with a broader team, as well as independently as a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly adaptable and comfortable working in fast-paced, early-stage startup environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in customer-facing, service-oriented roles (i.e. support or success)
- Experience having worked with ambassador or influencer programs
- A love for good design
- A flair for copywriting
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + accessories + high quality audio/video equipment
💰 Home office stipends for remote work
📚 Budget for online courses, books, conferences, language lessons
💰 Monthly gym and wellness stipend
🇺🇸 For US-based: Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
🏝 Unlimited vacation and sick days, parental leave and fertility benefits
Our leadership team are serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with teams remotely. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.