Join our journey to improve how teams collaborate in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls. Around.co is the new "anti-fatigue" active presence. We are obsessed to make it easy for our users to stop sweating the small things like background noise, allowing people to get down to work, and focus on innovation rather than on dog barking or washing machines.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, implement, and test new features to improve Around video call experience and quality.
- Develop troubleshooting, logging and monitoring systems.
- Bring your experience to improve reliability and performance.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Flexibly collaborate with the rest of the team to help them improve scalability and reliability of services.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- You have experience with container-based software toolchains, including k8s
- You have experience with AWS, and other cloud providers
- You have experience designing large scale distributed systems
- You have maintained services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and system health.
- You have experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, or Jenkins
- You will be working in a fully distributed remote team - we expect you to have strong previous experience in working in a remote organization.
Our Tech Stack
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- Previous experience working with WebRTC or other real-time video and audio approaches are always welcome!
- Open source contributions.
Our leadership team are serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with teams remotely. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around.co team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.