Join our journey to improve how teams collaborate in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls. Around.co is the new "anti-fatigue" active presence. We are obsessed to make it easy for our users to stop sweating the small things like background noise, allowing people to get down to work, and focus on innovation rather than on dog barking or washing machines.
The Audio & Video engineering team at Around.co oversees the technology and end to end-user experience of our video features across desktop and mobile. The team’s mission is to give our users the utmost certainty that our video and client experience is excellent.
Around.co is now looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven C++ Chromium generalist to help us refine and broaden the delight and influence of our audio and video technology.
What You'll Be Doing
- Improve, patch, or modify the existing code base of Chromium to improve Around video call experience and quality.
- Flexibly collaborate with the rest of the team to improve existing features: audio quality, EchoTerminator, Noise Suppression, video filters, and enhancements.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- You are experienced with contributing to, or modifying the Chromium codebase
- You will be working in a fully distributed remote team - we expect you to have strong previous experience in working in a remote organization.
- Nice to have: experience with developing video and audio products, preferably client-side
Our Tech Stack
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- Previous experience with working with Chromium, Electron, webRTC is welcome!
- You win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English!
Our leadership team are serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with teams remotely. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around.co team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.