Join our journey to improve how teams collaborate in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls. Around.co is the new "anti-fatigue" active presence. We are obsessed to make it easy for our users to stop sweating the small things like background noise, allowing people to get down to work, and focus on innovation rather than on dog barking or washing machines.
The Audio & Video engineering team at Around.co oversees the technology and end to end-user experience of our video features across desktop and mobile. The team’s mission is to give our users the utmost certainty that our video and client experience is excellent.
Around.co is now looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Real-time Video/Audio QA Engineer or Engineer in Test to help us refine and broaden the delight and influence of our audio and video technology.
What You'll Be Doing
- Proactively work with developers to debug software and hardware solutions during new product development.
- Review requirements and behavior specifications to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation.
- Test Around real-time video and audio service in terms of functionality and quality: client-side performance, call stability and quality, compatibility with a variety of peripherals
- Planning, designing, maintaining and executing test cases with minimal direction.
- Investigate log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
- Participate in video/audio debugging/testing with customers.
- Improvise and manually test edge cases with specific software and hardware configurations to develop intuition about existing or future issues.
- Create test plans/test cases, write test scripts and execute all tests.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- Comfortable with improvising, being very hands-on and working with dozens of hardware configurations (we'll provide you with an extensive kit of equipment and devices).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You have previous extensive experience with writing test cases and testing stability and reliability of real-time video conferencing products - client or server.
- Comfortable working entirely remotely and independently with team-members in different timezones.
- Dispelling the illusion that things work!
Our Tech Stack
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- Previous experience with working with WebRTC is always welcome!
- Open source contributions.
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + accessories + high quality audio/video equipment
💰 Home-office stipends for remote work
📚 Budget for online courses, books, conferences, language lessons
💰 Monthly gym and wellness stipend
🇺🇸 For US-based: Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
🏝 Unlimited vacation and sick days, parental Leave and fertility benefits
Our leadership team are serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with teams remotely. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around.co team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.