Join us on a thrilling journey to improve how teams work together in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls.
Around is the new "anti-fatigue" video call. We are obsessed with making it easy for our users to stop sweating the small things like background noise... allowing people to get down to work and focus on innovation rather than on dogs barking or washing machines.
Check out what people are saying about Around: http://bit.ly/around-love 🥰
The Audio & Video engineering team at Around oversees the technology and end-to-end user experience of our video features across desktop and mobile. The team’s mission is to give our users the utmost certainty that our video and client experience is excellent.
We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Real-Time Audio/Video Engineer (Server-Side) to help us refine our audio and video technology.
🚀 What You'll Be Doing
- Designing, implementing, and testing new features to improve Around’s video call experience and quality.
- Developing troubleshooting, logging, and monitoring systems
- Improving reliability and performance of all audio and video features.
- Collaborating with the rest of the team to improve existing features such as audio quality, EchoTerminator, Noise Suppression, video filters, and enhancements.
🖐🏻 Bonus points
- Previous experience working with Chromium, Electron, and/or WebRTC.
- You are an active open source contributor!
- You can win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English!
🙋🏽♀️ About You
- You have already worked with a team on a real-time video and audio product, preferably client-side (server-side experience is also welcome).
- You are experienced with SFU-based real-time architectures and connection logic.
- You are comfortable improvising, being very hands-on, and working with dozens of hardware configurations. (We'll provide you with an extensive kit of equipment and devices).
- You enjoy dispelling the illusion that things work!
- You have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You are highly empathetic, genuinely curious, and passionate about building a world-class product.
- You are excited about the remote collaboration. You see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team in Europe and the US.
🛠 Tools You'll Be Using
- Front-end: React, Typescript
- SFU architecture
- Chromium / CEF / Electron
- Node, PostgreSQL
- Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options
💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment
🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
💰 401K + Match
💗 Home-Office Stipends for Remote Work
🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits
🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend
📚 Learning Budget (online courses, books, conferences, language lessons)
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We're an early-stage startup with 30+ team members and growing fast. Our HQ is in Redwood City, CA, but we are a remote-first company with a worldwide team across the US and Europe.
Our leadership team is made of serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with distributed global teams. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.