Arlo Solutions (Arlo) is an information technology consulting services company that specializes in delivering technology solutions. Our reputation reflects the high quality of the talented Arlo Solutions team and the consultants working in partnership with our customers. Our mission is to understand and meet the needs of both our customers and consultants by delivering quality, value-added solutions. Our solutions are designed and managed to not only reduce costs, but to improve business processes, accelerate response time, improve services to end-users, and give our customers a competitive edge, now and into the future.
The Financial Analyst shall demonstrate experience and knowledge of DoD accounting principles. The ideal candidate will have intermediate skills with excel; knowledge with storing, presenting, processing, and analyzing data in excel. This position requires the ability to perform analysis of financial data and provide the government analysis with recommendations.
Quantico, VA (onsite 2-3 days)
- Reviews Abnormal Transaction Research and Remediation
- Research abnormal accounting conditions for expired records using systems such as DAI, SABRS, SMARTS, and Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE), communicating with performing activities as needed. Adjustments to records must be supported by Key Supporting Documentation (KSD) provided to the appropriate program office or Managerial Accounting Office (MAO) analyst to adjudicate and/or record in the accounting system.
- Document all research and communication and provide to the appropriate program office and MAO analyst monthly.
- Review, research, and clear Abnormal Accounts
- Unliquidated Obligation (ULO) Analysis and Remediation
- Prepare ULO reports and metrics monthly. ULO reports and metrics will provide summary level detail of dormant records, Undelivered Order Unpaid (UDOU), Delivered Orders Unpaid (DOU), and Undelivered Orders Paid (UDOP), along with detailed transaction lists.
- Research expired ULO records, communicating with performing activities as needed. Adjustments to records must be supported by KSDs provided to the appropriate program office or MAO analyst to adjudicate and/or record in the accounting system. Document all research and communication and provide to the appropriate program office and MAO analyst monthly.
- Review system-generated reports for Command customers to ensure current financial information is captured. Update Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Standard Accounting, Budgeting, and Reporting System (SABRS) Management Retrieval Tool System (SMARTS) report criteria or other system tools/reports as needed to capture relevant information.
- Generate accounting reports and metrics on a bi-weekly basis, and more frequently during peak periods, such as closeout. Accounting reports and metrics (shall provide summary level and details of abnormal accounting conditions such as Unmatched Disbursements (UMDs), Abnormal Accounts Payable and Negative Unliquidated Obligations (NULOs).
- Perform analysis and comparisons of accounting reports and metrics to identify trends, provide root cause analysis and make recommendations to reduce abnormal conditions.
- Develop job aids and training materials as needed to facilitate stakeholder understanding of accounting processes and remediation of abnormal accounting conditions.
- Develop, post, maintain, mark, prepare, and retrieve key supporting documents (KSD) in support of accounting, audit, or evaluation activities.
- Review commitment, obligation, and expense KSDs to ensure completeness and file in accordance with standard document repository procedures.
- Retrieve KSDs in support of audit or evaluation activities and mark documents in accordance with audit sample procedures.
- Prepare requisition request in the official accounting system in accordance with guidance supported by KSDs.
- Draft document repository procedures for system access documentation. Review documentation for accuracy and completeness and file in accordance with system access repository procedures.
- Dormant Account Review – Quarterly (DAR-Q)
- Test DAR-Q samples for expired fund records and submit completed samples in the DAR-Q system tool. Adjustments to records must be supported by KSDs provided to the appropriate program office or MAO analyst to adjudicate and/or record in the accounting system.
- Review Command DAR-Q submissions including validation codes, comments, and KSDs, to ensure compliance with DAR-Q guidance and submission timelines. The Contractor shall identify records not in compliance with guidance along with explanations to the DAR-Q Analyst.
- Prepare a summary report of Command DAR-Q samples, trends, lessons learned, and recommendations for future remediation.
- Identify and report any accounting practices not in accordance with the DoD FMR to the DAR-Q Analyst.
- Assist in conducting DAR-Q review quarterly.
- Use the Advanta Tool while performing the DAR
- Strong clients focus and commitment to continuous improvement, ability to proactively network and establish relationships.
- Manage multiple priorities in a high-paced and fast-changing environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Minimum Qualifications
- Must have an active Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Must have a US Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Business, or related field from an accredited institution with at least 1-3 years of finance experience.
- Prior government contracting or DoD/Military experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Written and Oral Communication, and 4) Problem Solving.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, we evaluate qualified candidates in full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other protected status.