Arlo Solutions (Arlo) is an information technology consulting services company that specializes in delivering technology solutions. Our reputation reflects the high quality of the talented Arlo Solutions team and the consultants working in partnership with our customers. Our mission is to understand and meet the needs of both our customers and consultants by delivering quality, value-added solutions. Our solutions are designed and managed to not only reduce costs, but to improve business processes, accelerate response time, improve services to end-users, and give our customers a competitive edge, now and into the future.
Arlo is in search of an Information Security Subject Matter Expert to support the Office of the Under Secretary for Defense (Intelligence & Security) (OUSD(I&S)) security and counterintelligence programs. The Information Security Subject Matter Expert shall provide services for specialized administrative, specialist and subject matter expertise in support of DoD and interagency counterintelligence, identity intelligence, law enforcement, and security policies, procedures, and programs. This resource will provide subject matter expert-level Information Security support to the Critical Technology Protection Directorate.
Job Responsibilities and/or Success Factors
- Support policy development, sufficiency reviews, interpretations, training development and delivery, and all administrative matters for DoD policies governing Classified National Security Information, including classification, declassification, special access program security and administration, Intelligence Community Sensitive Compartmented Information, downgrade, foreign disclosure, and public release. Participates in Staff Assistance visits to audit policy compliance, approximately twice per year.
- Support the development and continued implementation of national and DoD policy, Executive Agent guidance, regulatory requirements, and training for Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI). This includes administration and oversight of DoD’s CUI Registry, coordination with DoD CUI Program Managers, policy writing and interpretation, and preparation for OUSD(I&S) personnel attending Executive Agent CUI governance bodies. Participates in Staff Assistance Visits to audit policy compliance, approximately twice per year.
- Support the development and implementation of national and DoD policy, guidance, and training on Critical Program Information (CPI) identification and Program Protection Planning.
- Support the development and implementation of national and DoD policy, guidance, and training on Classification Management and Security Classification Guidance (SCG). Provides thorough and complete feedback on draft SCGs, ensures draft SCGs adhere to policy standards, and identifies current SCGs that may require updates, consolidation, or cancellation, approximately five times per month.
- Executes Critical Technology Protection (CTP) file plan and records management requirements, including timely destruction of non-records, approximately once per week.
Education and Minimum Qualifications
- Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum ten (10) years of demonstrated knowledge of national, DoD and information security policies and procedures.
- Five (5) years of experience supporting DoD security functions to include operations security, critical program information/technology protection, declassification, and SCI and SAP security policies.
- Five (5) years of experience conducting security reviews, constructing or reviewing security classification guidance (SCG), and interpreting DoD policy governing disclosure of classified information.
- Three (3) years of experience recommending security policy positions and once approved, representing those positions to a broad constituency at various forums and facilitate or chair forums to draft policy and/or achieve policy issue resolution.
- Four (4) years of security policy or operational experience.
- Five (5) years of experience as a staff action officer on an Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), or Military Department headquarters staff.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, we evaluate qualified candidates in full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other protected status.