Arlo Solutions (Arlo) is an information technology consulting services company that specializes in delivering technology solutions. Our reputation reflects the high quality of the talented Arlo Solutions team and the consultants working in partnership with our customers. Our mission is to understand and meet the needs of both our customers and consultants by delivering quality, value-added solutions. Our solutions are designed and managed to not only reduce costs, but to improve business processes, accelerate response time, improve services to end-users, and give our customers a competitive edge, now and into the future.
Arlo is in search of a Senior Security Control Accessor to support a government client. The Department of Defense’s (DoD) Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office (CDAO) is at the forefront of supporting the DoD with the adoption of innovative technologies such as data, analytics, and artificial intelligence to help accelerate predictions, forecasts, and interpretations for both strategic and tactical decisions across the enterprise. These ground-breaking endeavors bring new challenges to the assessment of DoD IT systems that previously did not exist.
Arlo Solutions is looking for a Senior DoD cloud focused Security Control Assessor (SCA) and RMF Subject Matter Expert to support CDAO with assessment and authorization of some of the DoD’s most innovative efforts. This resource will support mission critical DoD projects with all facets of the RMF and across multiple programs.
Must be in the Washington DC Metropolitan area. 85% remote with occasional travel
Job Responsibilities and/or Success Factors
- Provide advisory support to CDAO Authorization Officials (AO)s regarding authorizations of Information Systems and cloud systems such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS in respective boundaries.
- Utilize expert knowledge and experience regarding risk management strategies in support of a major DoD program.
- Providing support regarding the DoD’s continuous ATO (cATO) and Operation Vulcan Logic (OVL) processes
- Provide independent risk analysis and recommendation.
- Collaborate between the AO and the program as well as DoD senior leadership.
- Develop methods of creating metrics and tracking authorizations.
- Author and present briefs regarding status of authorizations to AO and other senior Government officials.
- Develop meeting minutes and executive summaries following meetings with senior officials.
- Support the Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) process by acting as Cloud/SAAS SME and or Security Control Assessor to support validation.
- Provides security architecture and DoD compliance advisory support.
- Advise security control assessors on AO determination utilizing AO determination guide documentation.
- Should have a strong background in information security, risk management, and compliance.
- Strong clients focus and commitment to continuous improvement, ability to proactively network and establish relationships.
- Manage multiple priorities in a high-paced and fast-changing environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Minimum Qualifications
- Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science Information Technology, or other related degree fields (Master’s Degree is preferred or 10 years of experience)
- At least 8 years of Cybersecurity experience in a senior technical or management role, Project Management experience a plus
- At least one of the following computer security certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, or CASP
- Experience working at DoD HQ level environment, AF experience preferred.
- Expert understanding of NIST 800 series standards and guidelines, rISO 27001, COBIT, DoD RMF, and current cybersecurity best practices.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills briefing senior military and government civilian leadership.
- Experienced with writing policies, guides, procedures.
- Experience in hands on with eMASS, Xacta and/or other GRC tools.
- Experience with Federal and FedRamp A&A Processes.
- Experienced and comfortable advising at the Senior Executive Service (SES) level of customers.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, we evaluate qualified candidates in full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other protected status.