Arlo Solutions (Arlo) is an information technology consulting services company that specializes in delivering technology solutions. Our reputation reflects the high quality of the talented Arlo Solutions team and the consultants working in partnership with our customers. Our mission is to understand and meet the needs of both our customers and consultants by delivering quality, value-added solutions. Our solutions are designed and managed to not only reduce costs, but to improve business processes, accelerate response time, improve services to end-users, and give our customers a competitive edge, now and into the future.
Arlo is in search of a Sensitive Support Activities SME to support a DoD contract. The Sensitive Support Activities SME will be performing a wide range of functions and tasks, which require vision, leadership, and proficiency in developing, explaining, and implementing/executing project-based tasks. This position develops, maintains, and executes administrative standards while streamlining communications between leadership, stakeholders, and partners. The position is part of the counterintelligence and law enforcement technical, policy and analytical support for the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Intelligence & Security) (OUSD(I&S)). The USD (I&S) is the principal staff assistant and advisor to the Secretary of Defense and the Deputy Secretary of Defense on intelligence, counterintelligence, security, sensitive activities, and other intelligence-related matters.
Onsite in Washington, DC
Job Responsibilities and/or Success Factors
- Create written reports based on collaboration across numerous stakeholders with integrating data and narratives into visually appealing coherent stories. Trends will need to be identified and opportunities for collaboration across teams; develop, update, and maintain information management tools/repositories for team use and then consolidate and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to support assessments and decision-making.
- Document existing business processes and design new processes to improve the operations of the division and contribute to, and in some cases lead, the development of strategic and administrative guidance.
- Prepare slide decks, talking points, read-ahead memos, maintain files and documents, and support virtual and in-person event planning and execution while contributing to, and in some cases lead, development of strategic and administrative guidance.
- Provide recommendations for support management, governance and task monitoring and analysis for oversight and execution of division mission and for the development of policy for senior decision maker’s consideration and gathering information that assists senior leadership in monitoring policy compliance.
- Develop and coordinate staff packages to enable clandestine technical operations, access operations, special operations, and technical mission integration efforts within DoD and across the Intelligence Community (IC) and Defense Community.
- Prepare staff actions with stated positions to advise and provide recommendations to senior leadership within the OUSD(I&S) and the Secretary of Defense.
- Strong clients focus and commitment to continuous improvement, ability to proactively network and establish relationships.
- Manage multiple priorities in a high-paced and fast-changing environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Minimum Qualifications
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5 years of experience with applications of DoD Sensitive Support activities and/or policies at a higher headquarters level
- Demonstrated communication skills (oral & written) to engage successfully with General Officers, Senior Executives, and action officers within participating Components
- Minimum 5 years of experience drafting correspondence presented for staffing through senior-level OSD decision-makers
- Demonstrated ability to routinely maintain pace with accurate and effective multi-tasking for senior OSD leadership
- Experience working with SCI, Special Access Programs, and Alternative Compensatory Control Measures materials
- Working knowledge of DoD and IC Directives and Instructions pertaining to intelligence, intelligence-related, and operations in cyberspace activities
- Experience in implementing and overseeing Departmental programs and policies at a senior staff level within DoD
- Completion of Advanced Technicians Course, and/or Advanced Planners Course, and/or Due Diligence Course
- Experience with OUSD (I&S) is highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of IC or US Special Operations Command preferred
- Excellent communications skills – both written and interpersonal
- Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with senior leaders and other team members.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, we evaluate qualified candidates in full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other protected status.