The mission of Arkose Labs is to create an online environment where all consumers are protected from online spam and abuse. Recognized by G2 as the 2023 Leader in Bot Detection and Mitigation, with the highest score in customer satisfaction and largest market presence four quarters running, Arkose Labs offers the world's first $1M warranties for credential stuffing and SMS toll fraud. With 20% of our customers being Fortune 500 companies, our AI-powered platform combines powerful risk assessments with dynamic threat response to undermine the strategy of attack, all while improving good user throughput. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with employees in London, Costa Rica, Australia, India, and Argentina. Arkose Labs protects enterprises from cybercrime and abuse.
We are looking for a self-driven technical artist to come onboard and help us develop state of the art captcha challenges. You will be working in the team conceptualizing and developing captcha challenges by using Blender in combination with Python to generate images at scale. These challenge images are then AB tested on live audiences, and also tested against in-house machine learning tools to determine their strength against automation. These challenges are used across a wide range of popular services, and your work will help protect many of the services you know and love on the internet.
You will be expected to innovate with new puzzle ideas, and follow through to produce the puzzle at scale with suitable amounts of image variation, and then validate metrics for puzzle solvability on real humans, and how difficult the puzzle is to solve using automation techniques. We place a large emphasis on automating menial tasks, and encourage tool development to help both yourself and the team to increase productivity.
Given the unique use case this job entails, and the ever growing landscape of machine learning & cyber security, an ideal candidate for this role is forward thinking, creative, and always looking for the next best thing to help us stay ahead of attackers.
While experience with machine learning is not expected, it would be a massive help both from the intuitions about how machine learning works, and helping us to develop better techniques.
- 5+ years experience with 3D software ( At least +2 of which should be Blender)
- Scripting Experience
- Lateral thinking and problem solving
- 3d modeling and sculpting (zbrush/blender)
- Asset management experience (eg, perforce, plastic SCM, github)
- Drive to create internal tooling/automation to improve processes
- A quality driven mindset
Nice to have:
- Experience working in cyber security
- Game concept prototyping/POCs
- Experience with scripting inside of Blender
- Data interpretation and validation
- Game design
- User experience testing
- Experience in 3d animation, machine learning / vision
- Illustration skills
- Experience with Jira
- Familiarity with AWS (s3, dynamodb)
- Experience communicating with customers
Why Arkose Labs?
At Arkose Labs, our technology-driven approach enables us to make a substantial impact in the industry, supported by a robust customer base consisting of global enterprise giants such as Microsoft, Roblox, OpenAI, and more. We’re not just a company; we’re a collaborative ecosystem where you will actively partner with these influential brands, tackling the most demanding technical challenges to safeguard hundreds of millions of users across the globe.
Why do top tech professionals choose Arkose Labs?
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Our high-efficacy solutions, backed by solid warranties, attract leading, global enterprise clients.
- Innovation and Excellence: We foster a culture that emphasizes technological innovation and the pursuit of excellence, ensuring a balanced and thriving work environment.
- Experienced Leadership: Guided by seasoned executives with deep tech expertise and a history of successful growth and equity events.
- Ideal Size: We’re structured to be agile and adaptable, large enough to provide stability, yet small enough to value your voice and ideas.
Join us in shaping the future of technology. At Arkose Labs, you’re not just an employee; you’re part of a visionary team driving global change
The most recognizable brands in the world select Arkose Labs, including OpenAI, Roblox, Microsoft, Adobe, Expedia, Snapchat, Zilch, and ZipAir.
We value your unique contributions, perspectives, and experiences. Be part of a diverse and high-performing environment that prioritizes collaboration, excellence, and inclusion. We hire the best, focus on their professional development, and offer support for continuing education.
- People - independent thinkers making data-driven decisions and taking project ownership
- Teamwork - building trust, respect, and integrity to openly communicate and constructively challenge one another
- Customer Focus - customer empathy and problem-solving obsession
- Execution - actions with precision, professionalism, and urgency
- Security - our lens for implementing processes, procedures, and programs
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Robust benefits package
- Provident Fund
- Accidental Insurance
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.