Calling all data lovers in Northwest Arkansas. Self-taught, Datacamp bootcampers, or current reporting analysts wanting to take your career to the next level in Data Science and Analytics! If you have a solid understanding within Mathematics & Statistics and are interested in using AI, Automation & Machine Learning, we want to talk to you!
ACDS is helping our company partner to add 10 Junior Data Science Apprentices to their team in Northwest Arkansas. This is a great mid seniority-level job opportunity to help expand your analytical and technical skills in Data Science.
- Support the identification of the most suitable source for data and propose simple models by developing initial drafts.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences).
- Define and finalize features based on model responses and introduce new or revised features to enhance the analysis and outcomes.
- Perform trend and cluster analysis to answer practical business problems and provide recommendations and key insights to the business.
- Write, test, and maintain code to develop the required solution and application features by using the recommended programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements.
- Translate business problems to data related or mathematical solutions. Identify what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem.
- Generate appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes under guidance.
Note: Duties & tools will vary based on specific department
What's a successful candidate look like?
- Exposure to data science, machine learning, optimization models, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics, or econometrics
- Self-taught or data manipulation project experience from school using Python, Spark, Scala, or R
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel
- Exposure to Data Visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
- Ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for sponsorship
- Must have completed 4 year college degree or equivalent military experience; Data Analytics related certification or work experience may be substituted.
- Currently located in Northwest Arkansas or ability to quickly relocate if hired
- Work standard business hours of 8-5 Monday thru Friday; 40 hour work week
What's an Apprenticeship? An apprenticeship is a full time position with a focus on learning! During your first year of employment, you are guaranteed formal training, a mentor, and a pay raise. Employers who have committed to the apprenticeship model for hiring are committing to building you and your career. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Apprenticeship positions welcome diverse applicants who are looking to grow their career in IT!
How does the interview process work? We want to get to know you! ACDS will conduct an initial phone interview and knowledge assessment. If your skills and interest match with the employer's needs, we'll share your resume or ask you to apply directly with them. After that, the employers will continue with their recruiting and interview process. If you are a match, an offer will be made for you to get started in your new apprenticeship role! We'll be here to make sure your apprenticeship year goes smoothly and that you are set up for career growth and success!