Arkansas Center for Data Sciences (ACDS) is looking for students, recent graduates, new hires and current employees wanting to advance their career in cyber and information security. ACDS in partnership with training partner, Forge Institute, are working with employers across the state of Arkansas to hire individuals for this cohort. This is a paid apprenticeship program tied to a full-time position with one of our company partners. Must be able to work M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Who should apply?
- Individuals currently pursuing or recent graduates of a degree in one of the following: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber, Information Assurance or other IT related program.
- Individuals currently pursuing or completed a certification such as: CompTIA Security+ , CIISP, Cisco CCNA Security or Cybersecurity Network Defense Course (CNDC).
- Current company employees wanting a career change into cyber security; Incumbent employees wanting to up-tool current skill set.
- Service members within 6 months of military-to-civilian transition.
Job Responsibilities (We will train you to perform the duties listed below):
- Leverage provided resources to research reported events, threats, vulnerabilities, and intelligence to triage critical events and assist in remediation on low level events.
- Identify attacks and threats, determine root cause, scope, and severity of each, and compile/report findings
- Assist in maturing incident response play books with Security Operations
- Assist in the generation of reporting & creation of cyber security metrics
- Identify network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators.
- Additional topics:
1) Firewall configuration and traffic analysis
2) System security design
3) Access control and management
4) Security training and awareness programs
5) Security policies and procedures
- Must be based in Arkansas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer software skills – word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentation
- Interest in a career in Cyber Security
- Completed High School diploma or GED
Desired Skills & Abilities (Nice to have not required):
- Familiarity with cyber security topics and functions such as TCP, DNS, LDAP, cyber security frameworks, SSO, Encryption etc.
- Textbook knowledge in network analysis, PCI compliance, host analysis and IDS/IPS technology
- Experience with email/domain security preferred
- Unix/Linux general knowledge
- User and admin familiarity– Redhat, Fedora, CentOS, SuSE etc.
- Python, PERL, bash or other scripting experience.
- Knowledge of security disciplines: identification, authentication, authorization, access control, administration and audit.
- Knowledge of general attacks stages (e.g., foot-printing and scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- Basic understanding of information security concepts and terms including attack vectors, malware, APTs, backdoors, phishing, social engineering, etc.
How does the interview process work? ACDS will conduct an initial phone interview and assessment. ACDS will send selected resumes to companies that match the candidate’s skills and interest. Our corporate partner companies will decide which resumes to bring in for an onsite interview with the IT manager. Company selects final candidate for job offer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Candidates must have the ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. No relocation is available for this position.