Arkansas Center for Data Sciences is looking for students, recent graduates, new hires and current employees wanting to advance their career as a Data Analyst. Training is 16 weeks, comprised of full immersion training with on-keyboard active simulation, classroom instruction and field experience. This is a paid apprenticeship program tied to a full-time position. Must be able to attend training M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in Northwest Arkansas.
Who should apply?
- Individuals currently pursuing a degree in one of the following: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, MIS, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Assurance or other IT related program.
- Individuals currently pursuing or achieved certification in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Current company employees wanting a career change into Data Analytics; Incumbent employees wanting to up-tool current skill set.
- Service members within 6 months of military-to-civilian transition.
General Job Responsibilities (We will train you to perform the duties listed below):
- Gathering and analyzing various types of data;
- Create, build and audit ad-hoc reports and analysis based on requirements
- Defining, documenting, and improving business processes;
- Proactively identifies issues and opportunities to enhance data management and reporting through detailed and high-level problem solving to ensure consistent delivery
- Develop dashboards, analysis and reporting to be utilized cross functionally to understand business performance
- Compile, model and present data insights to key stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer software skills – word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
Desired Skills & Abilities (Nice to have not required):
- Knowledge of common database architectures and how to extract and transform complex datasets
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, graphs, macros, etc.)
- Textbook knowledge of machine Learning techniques and algorithms.
- Academic or work experience with ETL tools (SSRS, SSIS or equivalent)
- Beginner level experience with Microsoft, Oracle, or DB2 SQL Languages
- Experience with SAP, Tableau, HANA, Power BI, SAS or other BI tools(writing and troubleshooting queries, extracting and transforming data, etc.)
Who we are.....ACDS is a non-profit dedicated to building and retaining top Data Science and IT talent in the state of Arkansas. We partner with companies large and small across all industries to facilitate apprenticeship programs such as: Cybersecurity, Data Analyst, Developers, SQL Analyst, & other IT related programs. We're leading the charge to grow and enhance IT in Arkansas.