The successful candidate of this position is responsible for servicing of pumps, seals, instrumentation, motors, and basic service repairs on soft starts and VFDs at our SWD facilities and various pump stations. The scope includes assembly, installation and commissioning of various pumps including but not limited to Centrifugal and HPumps. Calculation of the appropriate control system parameters and inputting those parameters into company standard motor controllers and VSD HMI is also required. Evaluate hydraulic pumping problems and recommend appropriate solutions. Other responsibilities include ensuring our equipment is being installed up to company standards and is working correctly. Technicians also answer trouble calls and/or coordinate the correct contractor for the job to get the issue resolved. This position will be responsible for Lea County, NM area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, operate, troubleshoot & maintain pump equipment throughout the Delaware/Permian Basin
- Understand water hydraulics and system gain/loss processes
- Perform HP, head, and performance calculations
- Participate in teardowns, to identify issues and possible solutions.
- Must understand pump curves and be capable of accurate calculations
- Familiar with Soft Starts, VFD basic principles and troubleshooting
- Must be proficient in Laser Alignment, Dial Indicator Alignment and Vibration analysis
- Quickly adjust to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no notice
- Comply with all regulatory, environmental and safety rules and standards, as well as HSE policies
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the business
Skills & Experience
- Clean driving record, background check
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in oil/gas mechanical operations or related experience
- Electrical experience with verifying absence of voltage (4160 and 480VAC)
- Candidate must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work independently