Based in San Francisco, Arine is a rapidly growing healthcare technology and clinical services company with a mission to ensure that individuals receive the safest and most effective treatments for their unique and evolving healthcare needs. Non-optimized medication therapy results in more than $520 billion of waste, avoidable harm and hospitalizations each year. Arine solves these issues through our software platform, combining data science and clinical expertise to develop personalized care plans for patients and their care teams. Arine works with leading healthcare organizations to provide and facilitate clinical interventions that result in significant health improvement for patients.
We are looking for a motivated Health Coach to join our Clinical Operations team as a Clinical Support Specialist. The Clinical Support Specialist will use Arine’s software platform to help optimize patient outcomes for our clients and improve patient care and the delivery of our clinical services.
The Health Coach will receive assignments and responsibilities under the supervision of a Pharmacist Team Lead and Arine’s VP of Clinical Operations. Their main responsibility will be making outbound calls to patients, providers and pharmacies to intervene in patient cases identified by Arine’s platform through our risk stratification algorithms. These calls include assessing clients’ health, medication adherence, coaching clients on how to improve their health, and developing health plans specific to the needs of the individual. You will walk patients through the practical aspects of implementing the recommendations that are necessary for optimizing health and wellness. Other standard call types include obtaining and recording health and contact information, scheduling appointments, resolving patient-related follow-up issues that are often medication related, and performing patient engagement activities.
Other responsibilities include: assisting with maintaining standard operating procedures, answering inbound customer support requests, preparing and mailing letters, and other duties as assigned.
This person will also collaborate with Arine's clinical pharmacists and Product team to optimize operational processes as well as to advise on product development as a proxy for Arine’s patients and outside providers.
All Clinical Operations team members promote a cooperative working relationship with clients and other team members by communicating effectively, being respectful and accepting feedback professionally. Additionally, all members act to meet patient needs and learn new skills to achieve quality customer service and patient care.
Come join one of the most exciting new digital healthcare companies in Silicon Valley! Arine is VC-backed by leading healthcare investors and mission-driven to improve the lives of patients.
What you’ll be doing:
Perform all functions assigned to Arine's clinical support team, which include:
- Engaging patients over the phone to deliver Arine’s services on behalf of their health plan, including explaining clinical programs and benefits
- Provide information to patients to help them reduce or eliminate unhealthy behaviors and develop healthcare plans tailored to each client’s needs
- Assess needs of participating patients and developing personal plans in mental health, physical health, nutrition, exercise, and disease management, and benefits navigation aimed at improving their overall well-being and managing and/or preventing type 2 diabetes and/or hypertension
- Provide necessary coaching to reduce or eliminate behaviors that are considered high-risk and do not support wellness objectives
- Identifying potential medication related and health related issues to escalate to the pharmacist
- Obtaining provider contact information to help facilitate the delivery of clinical interventions
- Obtaining patient information required to facilitate clinical interventions
- Answering phone calls from patients, providers, and pharmacies, and using good judgment in responding to questions by patients, providers, and other professional personnel
- Coordinate with clients’ other healthcare providers to provide a well-rounded, integrative experience
- Assisting with obtaining referrals and authorizations
- Accurate record keeping in Arine’s software platform
- Participating in process improvement meetings and team meetings to help achieve efficient workflows
- Following up with hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and patients to resolve clinical issues and concerns
- Preparing and mailing patient educational materials and other items as needed
- Scheduling patients for telephonic or videoconference appointments with clinical pharmacists
- Assisting with obtaining referrals and authorizations
- Other projects as assigned
Our ideal candidate:
- CDC Lifestyle Coaching Certification and/or other certification/training as a Lifestyle or Health Coach required
- Bachelors in Health Sciences or related field or health care background with certification (ex. pharmacy technician, medical assistant, lifestyle coaching certificate)
- Complies with CDC guidelines for the National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Displays a robust knowledge of diet/nutrition, exercise, medication adherence, stress management, and problem solving
- Ability to organize and effectively set priorities while working in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and medication names, both brand and generic
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboard skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Spreadsheets, Google Documents
- A team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to satisfactorily perform job duties
- Willingness to be taught/learn new skills
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, with no restrictions for keyboarding
- Available to work Arine’s hours of operations, including occasional weekends
Nice to haves:
- Experience with other electronic medical records
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting with taking medication histories
- Experience working in a busy healthcare setting
- Bilingual is ideal
- Dynamic role and opportunity to help shape the company from the ground up, including potential equity opportunities
- Unparalleled growth and learning opportunities including working closely with an experienced team of clinicians, engineers, software architects, and digital health entrepreneurs
Remote Work Requirements:
- Have an established private work area that provides information privacy
- Maintain a high-speed internet connection that is sufficient for stable remote telephonic work
Arine is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Check our website at https://www.arine.io. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing start-up revolutionizing the healthcare industry!