The Content Marketing Manager drives the creation and delivery of engaging content within Argyle’s portfolio of events. We’re looking for someone with strong ambition, intellectual curiosity, polish, and the ability to skillfully manage multiple projects at once. The CMM will leverage outbound marketing channels to conduct market research and recruit outstanding Fortune 500 to participate as Argyle speakers. Simultaneously, the CMM will spend time immersed in the top trends that are impacting executives, as this subject expertise will enable the CMM to communicate and develop meaningful relationships with them to successfully devise relevant, engaging content for our events and marketing programs.
The CMM will be a critical liaison with Argyle’s Client Success Team to engage with our sponsors and ensure that the content we develop meets their expectations. The CMM will often collaborate with our sponsors as well to create various forms of written content and thought leadership assets, including market intelligence surveys, whitepapers, etc.
If you have a passion for relationship-building, understanding the top trends that are affecting corporate America, and weaving these skills together to create marketing content and event programming, this is a great role for you!
Primary roles and responsibilities include:
- Utilize outbound marketing channels (email, SEO, digital, telemarketing, direct mail, etc) among other tactics to research and secure prospective Fortune 500 executives to join our network of
- Continually networking with executives to build strong relationships and understand these executives’ top challenges and opportunities.
- Research key trends and translate findings into written marketing content, including event overviews, panel discussions, and other editorial work such as white papers, market briefings, etc.
- Coach all speakers, including paying sponsors, to ensure that all event content meets Argyle’s thought leadership standards. This will ultimately require an ability to communicate firm guidelines with accomplished, senior executives.
- Liaise frequently with other Argyle departments to ensure that our content is relevant to all key stakeholders.
Interested in this role? Here’s more about what we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or relevant field of study
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role working with client service, content creation, marketing, or events services
- Willingness and availability to travel up to 2-3 times per month to host and support clients and speakers at Argyle events
- A desire to learn about the top issues facing executives is necessary Experience with multi-channel marketing is desired. Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot, or other CRM and marketing automation tools is a plus.
- Ability to pick up the phone and hold a confident conversation with C-level executives
- Excellent writing skills
- A desire to be part of a fast-growing company in an increasingly competitive industry
A little about Argyle:
We hire smart and ambitious professionals who thrive in a busy environment and want to learn about the event planning and marketing industries. We are committed to squeezing the most out of every single day and generating value for our member attendees and sponsor clients. We enjoy a casual work environment in the office and we rock at ‘suiting up’ for event day. We’re more than just a conference company. We bring talented C-level executives together for networking and we connect those executives with our sponsors and their in-demand products and services.