Position: Conference Producer
Location: London or New York City
Argyle Group is a provider of B2B media solutions centered around a suite of editorial and event media. Headquartered in New York City with offices in London, the group operates under four brands: Argyle Executive Forum, the Innovation Enterprise, CFO Magazine and Proformative.
We’re looking for a commercially-driven conference producer with a proven background in full-cycle event production including conception, community research, agenda development, speaker recruitment and execution. The successful candidate will be a project management rockstar capable of understanding the needs of our clients and audiences.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and passionate Events Marketing Executive to join our team, working on a global portfolio of up to 15 events a year. Based in our brand-new office in the city of London, the successful candidate will own the event marketing plan delivery. The successful candidate will work with the marketing manager to execute the marketing plan within budget, whilst researching and implementing new tactics to increase ticket sales, grow the delegate footfall and increase the efficiency of the team
The ideal candidate will be proactive and have great initiative; Will be a strong communicator and will thrive working in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a problem solver, someone eager to learn and not scared of making mistakes and learning from them.
If you’re curious, full of new ideas and enjoy trying new things; If you thrill working with different digital platforms and have a passion for marketing and events this role is for you!
- Work with the Marketing Manager to execute each event’s marketing plan and help define the audience segments, value proposition and key messaging
- Manage and update the advertising and marketing schedule ensuring the deadlines are met and marketing objectives are achieved
- Work with team members managing relationships with existing media partners and execute on deliverables, identify potential new partners and deliver clear briefs to the in-house Partnerships Executive
- Copywriting/proof reading of marketing copy across email/web/print
- Maintain and update tracking documents to enable marketing performance measurement, tracking and reporting
- Day to day management of CRM and marketing automation platform ensuring the business keeps accurate and quality data
- Assist marketing manager on the execution of sophisticated email marketing campaigns including dynamic emails, segmentation and marketing automation (experience of using Pardot or other email marketing software is an advantage)
- Website guardian - Closely monitor website performance and contribute with new strategies and campaigns to increase traffic and lead generation. Maintenance and update of the website throughout the life cycle of the shows
- Work with the different marketing team members and digital marketing agency to brief, proof, monitor and track performance of organic and paid digital marketing campaigns (SEO, SEM, retargeting, SM marketing)
- Develop and execute a social media strategy for each event
- Act as brand guardian for each event and coordinate and oversea each event brand execution
- Assist the marketing team on the elaboration of creative briefs and branded assets to promote our events. Will work closely with the graphic design team and agencies.
- Degree educated.
- 6 months marketing experience (events marketing experience will be an advantage)
Knowledge & Skills
- Outstanding project management skills with excellent attention to detail. Highly organized and capable of multi-tasking
- Understanding of the core event marketing disciplines and general knowledge of digital marketing technologies and tools including SEM, CMS, GA, tracking, automation and social media (Previous use of website CMS will be an advantage)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong on email marketing and marketing automation tools
- Excellent written English
- Strong team player and excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills with an ability to contribute in a collaborative team environment
- Quick learner, enthusiastic and passionate
- Tech savvy and comfortable using different digital systems
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work eager to learn
- Problem solving team player with ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, creative and commercially driven
- Sound communication skills
- An eye for design and creative development
- The opportunity to work in a start-up-feel company and get involved in projects from 0-10 seeing and collaborating on the full cycle of the events
- In-house and external training on the latest marketing techniques and trends. You don’t need to know everything when you start, you’ll learn as you go to become an outstanding event professional
- All the hardware and gadgets you need to be productive
- A vibrant, international and active team
- Free breakfast, fruit, coffee etc. in our London offices
- Potential for international travel