Position: Director, Content Marketing – Finance & HR Communities
Reports to: Head of Argyle Executive Forum
Location: New York City
Argyle Group is a provider of B2B media solutions centered around a suite of editorial and event media. Headquartered in New York City with offices in London, the group operates under four brands: Argyle Executive Forum, the Innovation Enterprise, CFO Magazine and Proformative.
Argyle Executive Forum is a member-driven community of more than 200,000 highly qualified senior-level business leaders who are focused on connecting with like-minded professionals and gathering forward-thinking insight to advance their organization’s goals. Our members attend full-day forums, half day think tanks, custom dinners and online webinars that connect them to peers across industries and expose them to thought leaders in their areas of responsibility. Our clients rely on Argyle for in-person and online demand generation opportunities to amplify their event marketing programs, ABM strategy and thought leadership to Fortune 1000 companies – all powered by our membership.
The Director of Content Marketing will fully own the production of finance, HR and operations events for our Argyle Executive Forum members. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, commercially-driven content marketing expert who will lead our membership-driven communities to the next level while owning 8-10 full day forums and 5-6 custom programs each year.
Staff and Channel Management
- Lead a team of agenda content producers and audience acquisition team members in creating and managing project plans that include project timelines and production strategy from start to finish
- Ensure that all content is based on rigorous understanding of the needs of both delegate and sponsors, shaping the portfolio to cater to as yet unmet and even unknown customer needs.
- Manage daily operations of a team of community managers and content producers to drive reach and engagement with the target executive audience in order to meet all event goals
- Strategic oversight on brand strategy, budget planning, topic generation and scheduling. Work cross functionally to ensure all events are lit up (kicked off within the marketing timeline). Manage week project management schedules, ensure all deadlines are met
- Recommend and institute operational changes to increase efficiencies and quality and/or decrease costs
- Work closely with the client service, event management and sales team to ensure events and audience exceed client expectations
Enable Achievement of Program Targets
- Monitor all aspects of projects as product owner and manager, agenda development, content engagement and audience growth for in-person and online events.
- Lead regular project status updates with channel partners, continually evaluating and adjusting project operations to improve revenue performance.
- Partner closely with internal teams to develop and execute strategies that achieve event registration goals and expand the size and effectiveness of our customer database
Management of 5-7 Full day Forums
- Develop agendas. Collect desk research and conduct insightful delegate interviews to draft innovative programs and agendas that meet the needs of the target audience. Design exciting session formats to meet the needs of the desired audience. Ensure the production timeline is on schedule throughout the process.
- Recruit, secure and engage with speakers. Assemble a target list of hot companies (new & innovative up to blue chip) and industry-leading executive employees. Pitch agendas and themes to generate interest in being part of our innovative conferences and events. Liaise with speakers to develop and fine-tune presentations aiming to generate a quality, engaging, and memorable content session for the summit. Build and nurture relationships with target speakers and companies for future opportunities.
- Manage Successful agendas and flow of Summits. Proactively collaborate on site with the Event Management team to ensure the conference logistics are in place and run smoothly. Liaise with and act as on-site contact for all speakers, as well as the conference chair, while tracking the successful flow of the event day agenda.
- Generate new ideas, and use your industry understanding and insights to identify new channels to move into. Stay up to date with trends and current topics relevant to the target summit market. Understand what high-value resources are and how to best utilize these to ensure a successful event. Take the initiative in networking; assemble and leverage a network of business executives in the target industry to further identify and vet current topical trends, innovations, and evolutions in the sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, master’s preferred (MBA ideal)
- 8-10 years of progressively senior experience in B2B media and/or events producing events for business audiences
- Portfolio of compelling content and/or editorial writing samples, preferably in finance/HR topics
- 3-5 years of experience building and developing a team of 5-10 direct reports
- Demonstrated success developing event marketing and/or event planning strategy
- Proven research and project management background in finance and HR channel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to seamlessly communicate to both end-user and senior leadership audiences
- Proven drive to achieve at all costs, with a deadline-driven/high ownership mentality
- Curiosity to learn and expand your understanding of the topics you research
- Exceptional networking skills
- Willingness to travel up to 20%