Argyle is a member-driven community of more than 200,000 highly qualified senior-level business leaders who are focused on connecting with like-minded professionals and gathering forward-thinking insight to advance their organization’s agenda. Our members attend full-day forums, half day think tanks, custom dinners and online webinars. Clients rely on Argyle for in-person and online demand generation opportunities to amplify their marketing programs, ABM strategy and thought leadership to Fortune 1000 companies – all powered by our membership. Located in New York City, Argyle is part of the Argyle Group, which consists of Argyle, Innovation Enterprise, CFO and Proformative.
For our members and partners content is what drives our organization and now we are seeking a dynamic commercially driven conference producer who can join our team and help take our forums to the next level. As a conference producer you will own 8-10 full day forums and 5-6 custom programs each year.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Enable achievement of summit revenue targets. Monitor all aspects of summit projects as product owner and manager, including ticket and sponsorship sales, content engagement, marketing performance etc. Lead regular project status updates with channel partners, continually evaluating and adjusting project operations to improve revenue performance.
- Develop agendas. Collect desk research and conduct insightful delegate interviews to draft innovative programs and agendas that meet the needs of the target audience. Design exciting session formats to meet the needs of the desired audience. Ensure the production timeline is on schedule throughout the process.
- Recruit, secure and engage with speakers. Assemble a target list of hot companies (new & innovative up to blue chip) and industry-leading executive employees. Pitch agendas and themes to generate interest in being part of our innovative conferences and events. Liaise with speakers to develop and fine-tune presentations aiming to generate a quality, engaging, and memorable content session for the summit. Build and nurture relationships with target speakers and companies for future opportunities.
- Generate content. Drive demand by researching and applying commercial market knowledge to content development. Develop email messaging, blog posts, info graphics, market research surveys and post event action plans.
- Manage Successful agendas and flow of Summits. Proactively collaborate on site with the Event Management team to ensure the conference logistics are in place and run smoothly. Liaise with and act as on-site contact for all speakers, as well as the conference chair, while tracking the successful flow of the event day agenda.
- Generate new ideas, and use your industry understanding and insights to identify new channels to move into. Stay up to date with trends and current topics relevant to the target summit market. Understand what high-value resources are and how to best utilise these to ensure a successful event. Take the initiative in networking; assemble and leverage a network of business executives in the target industry to further identify and vet current topical trends, innovations, and evolutions in the sector.
Knowledge, experience, skills and attributes
- 6-8 years' experience in compelling content writing, research and project management.
- You have exceptional conversational skills both on the phone, and in person, and you are comfortable with communicating to senior level executives.
- You are able to write engaging content which speaks to your audience
- You are driven by, business achievement for yourself and the organization
- You work well independently and as part of a team
- You are a focused individual who is passionate about delivering content and services that exceed the expectations of the customer
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Professional attitude
- Curiosity to learn and expand your understanding of the topics you research
- Degree in either Communications, English, History or a similar field