Argyle is a fast-growing remote-first Series A startup that has reimagined how we access and use employment data.
At Argyle, we recognize that employment data is owned by the individual it represents. By building the first gateway to employment data, we’re unlocking a dataset that has been monopolized by a single giant corporation (name omitted because of decorum) for 70 years. In turn, we’re making it easier, faster, better, wiser for innovative companies to put employment data to work for their users, enabling access to products and services that improve lives.
If you rent an apartment, buy a car, refinance a home, apply for a loan — the first question you’ll often be asked, “how do you make money?“. You’d think information so foundational to our economy would be simple to manage, transfer and control — but it isn’t.
Argyle is the easiest way for people to instantly share their income and employment data with any product or service. Users exercise complete control over how their data is accessed, and businesses receive real-time access to this data via the Argyle API.
Our team is a fun and passionate group of people, working remotely across 24 countries and counting. Learn more about our team on our about page.
About the team
Argyle’s Scanner Engineering team works alongside Network Growth, Data Quality and other Scanner (Infra, R&D) teams. Together these teams form the Data Build (think vertical) whose mission is to achieve the maximum user conversion and the highest data quality of structured employment records available anywhere. In layman’s terms, the Data Build owns data lifecycle - from initial research to development of data acquisition tools to production support. Scanner Engineering team’s remit includes the development of scanners, implementation of new features in existing scanners and continuous improvement and support of overall scanner estate. On a day-to-day basis, the team operates as a number of squads which helps us to remain focused, organized and offers some level of specialization among the engineers. Finally, we strive to operate in a flat hierarchy approach. This means that we shy away from pass down task allocation but rather embrace grass roots problem solving - our goal is to ensure that everyone can contribute to the success of the team and wider company.
What will you do?
- Manage day-to-day running of multiple scanner engineering squads - ensure that work pipeline is efficient, appropriately documented, prioritized and distributed.
- Look after our people - take the full ownership of people management, including performance management, training needs and talent development.
- Execute delivery - analyse, plan and gauge the progress of work, own the cadence measures, reporting and communication to a range of stakeholders.
- Be a part of Data Build leadership team - help to set appropriate OKRs (aka goals), shape the short term strategy, priorities and schedule of work.
- Lead initiatives where appropriate - manage the delivery plans and measure progress of new feature development (which usually involves multiple teams from all across the company).
What are we looking for?
- Tech savvy. Python is not a snake, protobuf is not from Star Trek and Kafka is not a famous author. You have had your share of exposure to different software solutions, you know your tech and are comfortable in discussions around it. You understand the ins and outs of n-tier architecture, source control, CI/CD and the pain points of SDLC. Bonus points: Experience in reverse engineering.
- Maximiser. Our company is built on our software - and we are precious about it. You understand the significance of software (& data) quality, and are enthusiastic about maintaining the high standards. Keeping the (bright) lights on and pushing the needle is part of your ethos.
- Team Lead (with a capital L). You are a people’s person, you had the pleasure of nurturing, shaping and growing teams in the past. And you liked it.
- Building on solid foundations. While we do not fear grunt work, we like efficiency. We know you’ve done it before - you’ve helped software engineers through process streamlining, automation ramp up and introduction of smart software tools.
- Operating in the ‘greyzone’. We are a startup and as a result we often find ourselves in places where nobody has (ever) ventured before. And that’s okay. You are comfortable with ambiguity and tackle it with clear head. You break down complexity, shift gears quickly and come up with tangible solutions.
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1,000 after a month of employment to set up your home office.
- Annual Company Performance Bonus
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.