$40k – $80k
Argyle is a fast-growing remote-first Series B startup that has reimagined how we access and use employment data.
At Argyle, we recognize that employment data is owned by the individual it represents. By building the first gateway to employment data, we’re unlocking a dataset that has been monopolized by a single giant corporation (name omitted because of decorum) for 70 years. In turn, we’re making it easier, faster, better, wiser for innovative companies to put employment data to work for their users, enabling access to products and services that improve lives.
If you rent an apartment, buy a car, refinance a home, apply for a loan — the first question you’ll often be asked is “how do you make money?“. You’d think information so foundational to our economy would be simple to manage, transfer and control — but it isn’t.
Argyle is the easiest way for people to instantly share their income and employment data with any product or service. Users exercise complete control over how their data is accessed, and businesses receive real-time access to this data via the Argyle API.
Our team is a fun and passionate group of people, working remotely across 24 countries and counting. Learn more about our team on our about page.
About the team
Our Scanner Engineering squads work on building and maintaining integrations to various systems. This means reverse engineering platforms and solving complex problems daily. A passion for this work brings our team from across the globe.
You will join a team of exceptionally talented engineers constantly looking for solutions to new problems and innovative ways to meet our business needs. Scrapers (we call them Scanners) are at the core of our business. This means you will join our pivotal engineering team and have a real impact on Argyle's success.
What will you do?
- You will create, own and maintain Scanners
- You will be contributing to general improvements such as shared libraries & frameworks
- You will be closely working and communicating across different teams
Python is our main language.
Python libraries we use: Celery, Pydantic, Playwright, BeautifulSoup, Asyncio, Httpx, Pydash, Mypy, Pytest, Poetry, Pyenv, Poppler, PdfMiner.
We run Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Github, ArgoCD.
If you are familiar with some of these - great! The rest you can learn after joining.
- Python coding experience
- Reverse Engineering of JS/WebApps
- Ideally, experience with building web scrapers - if not, curiosity to learn
- Ability to think fast and to manage rapid changes
- Ownership over your work
- Focusing on solutions, not pointing out problems
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with Android/iOS device verification frameworks (SafetyNet Attestation/DeviceCheck) and ways to bypass them
- Knowledge of Bot and Captcha bypass mitigation tactics
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Annual Company Performance Bonus
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1000 after a month of employment to set up your home office.
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.