Argo Group is a leader in specialty insurance with a vibrant culture built on respect, equality, wellness and opportunity. We’re an innovative organization that’s small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference in our industry.
Our flexible workplace is continuously evolving to ensure all employees feel:
- Comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- Confident that they will be treated respectfully.
- Recognized for their performance and provided with equal opportunities to succeed.
At Argo, skill meets opportunity. If you’re wired to raise your hand and ask, “Where can I help?”, you’ll thrive with us.
Argo is looking for a Pricing Analyst to be based in our London office.
- Develop, review and enhance the pricing models for each line of business including price monitoring.
- Support the underwriters to assess pricing adequacy on individual accounts both open market and binders.
- Monitor Class and Business performance by assessing key pricing metrics against planned targets. Communicate findings and develop supporting pricing actions.
- Utilise knowledge of the market to adapt pricing techniques in order to achieve organisational targets.
- Develop rate change and price adequacy analysis by line of business, class and/or individual risk.
- Build effective working relationships with the Underwriting department, providing training and support to underwriting teams where necessary.
- Examine historic loss information (internal and external data) across the portfolios to enhance the performance of the accounts.
- Assist with the actuarial elements of the business planning process.
- Assist with the parameterisation of the internal model.
- Ad hoc analyses to support management as required.
- Manage and collaborate group wide pricing projects.
- Customer focus: Establishes partner relationship with stakeholders – especially senior underwriters. Visible & accessible to clients.
- Communication: Communicates well one on one, in small groups and public speaking. Fluent, quick on feet, command of language. Keeps people informed. Writes clear, precise, well-organised documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar & word usage.
- Strategic skills – Determines opportunities & threats through comprehensive analysis of current & future trends. Comprehends the big picture.
- Judgement / decision making: Consistent rationality & objectivity in decision making.
- Flexibility: Respond to demand for actuarial support across the organisation.
- Student Actuary of the Institute of Actuaries making good progress with CT exams.
- 2:1 in a highly numerate degree.
- Grade A at A-Level Mathematics.
- Minimum 2 years actuarial experience.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Good Excel, VBA and Access skills.
- Experience using R, Tyche or SQL are desirable.
PRA Conduct Standards
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible is controlled effectively
- You must take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are
responsible complies with the relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system
- You must take reasonable steps to ensure that any delegation of your responsibilities is to an appropriate person and that you oversee the discharge of the delegated responsibility effectively
- You must disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA or PRA would reasonably expect to have notice
- When exercising your responsibilities, you must pay due regard to the interests of current and potential future policyholders in ensuring the provisions by the firm of an appropriate degree of protection for their insured benefits
FCA Conduct Rules
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, offers frequent, integrated communication and values authentic recognition of excellence. View our 2022 Environmental, Social & Governance Report to learn more about Argo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that results in approximately 25% of all new hires annually.