At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers’ needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate cost through prevention and aggressive claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
Argo Group currently has a challenging opportunity for a Financial Planning Analyst. This self-motivated individual will support the planning, forecasting and analysis of financial activities at the corporate level and report to Corporate FP&A.
- Financial planning including quarterly forecasting, annual and multi-year business plans.
- Perform analytical review of actual results versus prior year, plan, and forecast at varying levels of the organization for functions and business segments.
- Assist in developing and communicating insight on financial trends.
- Provide support for quarterly Board of Directors deliverables.
- Regular interaction with business leaders across Argo Group, communicating insights and providing recommendations.
- Work closely with business teams to create financial models and analyses that provide intelligence for key business decisions.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Relevant ad hoc projects and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent analytical discipline.
- Experience building complex and dynamic ad hoc models, clearly identifying assumptions and drivers.
- 3+ years of experience in planning, forecasting and financial modeling.
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Track record of working with business owners to develop and define key business questions and build datasets to answer those questions.
- Experience with Oracle, Cognos BI and Cognos Planning or Hyperion is preferred.
- Property & Casualty insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
The published salary range applies to applicants that reside in the state of Colorado. The salary range for this role is $70,000-$80,000. This position is eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.