At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. We seek a Senior Software Engineer to develop the Digital Distribution solution used by our underwriters and distribution partners. As a member of an agile, cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers, you’ll provide input and have your voice heard on key product decisions, tools and resources to build and ship ideas quickly.
What You'll Own
- Develop nodeJS-based services.
- Implement domain driven design-based event-source architecture.
- Drive standardization and best practice efforts on gRPC, CQRS, agile methodology.
- Drive Dev-Ops-guided CI/CD and infrastructure implementations.
- Lead Platform services engineering team to provide hands-on guidance and mentorship.
- Work with product and design teams to define, design, and build business-aligned software.
- Lead technical direction of Digital.
- Contribute to standards and best practice guidelines/documentation.
- Communicate with business stakeholders and manage project delivery expectations.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience.
7+ years as a software developer in a distributed enterprise system.
5+ years practicing agile methodologies and continuous integration.
Lives and breathes the backend life.
Expert knowledge of OO principles, design patterns, and refactoring techniques.
Expert knowledge with at least some of the following: TypeScript, NodeJS, AWS(Lambda, ECS, DynamoDB, ELB, Cloudformation/CDK), Docker/K8, Kafka.
Ability to recognize and remediate application security vulnerabilities (particularly the OWASP Top Ten).
Ability to analyze technical topics and communicate understanding verbally, in writing, and with diagrams/examples.
Commitment to technical excellence.
Passion for delivering the best possible platform for Argo Digital solutions.
Always willing to learn and seek the best solution.
Desire to be a team player.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.