At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to support Argo through a data conversion project. This is a great opportunity for an expert in data analytics, including data mining, data preparation and report generation to support the business through a critical project.
- Perform gap analysis to compare as-is and to-be state.
- Provide guidance to other analysts on the team.
- Transform data into readable, goal driven actionable items for continued innovation and growth.
- Work as a primary contact with the business to understand their analytical needs and deliver actionable insights.
- Design the framework in following best practices in data querying and manipulation to ensure data integrity.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productiv
- Acquire data from different sources with the help of data engineers and build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible and scalable.
- Select appropriate combination of methods and tools with defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution
- Design and work alongside with development team to create visualizations and widgets for real-time insights.
- Work on business solutions to develop and deliver sophisticated analytic solutions that support strategic business initiatives.
- Effectively communicate information across the team.
- Itegrate role into the business process
- 5 - 7 years' experience
- College Degree in related field/
- Ability to write scripts within SQL and or Python
- Experience working with Access
- Experience with data mappings, data transformation and building data views.
- Experience in data mining and modeling using large datasets.
- Experience in technical writing in relevant areas, including queries and reports.
- Experience working with data warehouses.
- Familiarity with concepts of data visualizations.
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation and analysis.
- Ability to translate data into insights that will allow business to be make data-driven decisions.
- Passionate about problem solving.
- Familiar with working on large datasets and manipulating data to extract desired information.
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.