At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Project Manager directly reports to directly to the Director of Argo Group’s Security Portfolio. The position will assist Argo security leadership with implementing a transformational program set in the IAM. You will be responsible for planning and managing multiple cybersecurity projects supporting the IAM program. The role is responsible for facilitating effective work flows of cross-functional teams while managing scope, schedule, budget, resources, and delivery quality of all assigned projects. You will work with both internal Argo staff and external partners daily.
The position is remote and, therefore, requires a high level of personal initiative and excellent time-management skills necessary for working without direct in-person supervision. Highly desired skills include a working familiarization with the tenants of IAM, identity and authentication architectures, various access control models, cloud architectures, and experience with leading IAM or related cybersecurity projects or programs. The role requires strong personal organization skills, effective verbal and written communication, a demonstrated ability to work in non-collated teams, proficiency with MS Office and project management tools. In this position you will organize, plan, and lead effective project meetings daily with both technical and non-technical project members, project stakeholders, and Argo executives.
You will be responsible for assigning project tasks and following through to successful completion, while managing scope, schedule, and budget. You will develop regular status reports to management and team members containing critical project status metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and Key Risk Indicators (KRI).
- Responsible for the implementation of Argo’s IAM Program transformation projects set.
- Keeps Argo security leadership abreast of program and project progress, risks, challenges, and issues
- Helps to organize project teams by assigning individual responsibilities, developing project schedules, and determining resource requirements necessary to ensure project.t is successful.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources and stakeholders.
- Plans, organizes, leads, and project kickoff and all meetings throughout the life of the project.
- Assists Argo Security leadership with developing estimates for the costs, resources, and time required to complete each phase of a project
- Identifies project sponsors, stakeholders, team members and resources.
- Develops, manages, and executes project communication plan.
- Develops, executes, and manages project plan and reports status, performance, and risk weekly.
- Manages scope, budget, and schedule throughout the project life.
- Leads successful project outcomes by managing non-collocated project team comprised both of Argo staff, external partners, and vendors contributing to the project’s success.
- Assists in identifying and resolving obstacles to completing project on time and to budget.
- Prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and stakeholders.
Leads and conducts post-project assessments for process improvement.
Participates in project process improvement activities and develops.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
Certification/Certificate(s): Desired, not required:
CAPM or PMP (desired).
Project+ (desired), GCPM (preferred).
Any cybersecurity certifications desired: (Security +, CISSP, GISF, ect.) (desired)
At least 24 months project management experience managing cybersecurity project or 4 years technical (IT / non-security) experience. IAM-related experience is desired. Cloud security project experience is also desired.
At least 24 months experience:
Implementing Agile and traditional project management frameworks and approach.
Facilitating and leading non-collocated teams to deliver in-scope deliverables on time and budget.
Using MS Office products, and MS Project (or similar project suite).
At least 18 months planning, leading, and facilitating meetings both in person and using remote collaboration technologies
Experience working in matrixed environments.
Working understanding of the tenants of cybersecurity, cloud architectures, IAM architectures(preferred).
Familiarization with current technologies related to cloud security, identity management, authentication, and access control.
Expert MS Office product skills, including Project and Visio – or other project management tools.
Expert written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to effectively communicate both in person and using collaboration tools (Teams, Slack, Jabber, etc).
Ability to plan, manage, and successfully deliver complex technical project deliverables.
Ability to manage cross-functional teams and vendors supporting project deliverables.
Ability to effectively manage project scope, time and deliverables.
Ability to effectively plan, track, and manage project/program resources and budgets.
Ability to build project reports, risk assessment and other.
Ability to develop performance and risk.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $100,000 - $118,200 plus eligibility for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.