At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. Our Argo US Claims team delivers superior financial results, technical expertise and customer experience to all stakeholders engaged in the claim process. We hire and develop the best people, so we can deliver on the Argo claims promise.
We are looking for a highly capable Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team and work remotely or from any of our US offices. In this role, the Quality Assurance Specialist will be primarily responsible for ensuring calibration and accuracy of Best Practice technical audits completed by the Argo Claims Management Team. This role reports to the Director of Claims Shared Services.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Work independently under technical direction and within significant limits and authority, ensure calibration and accuracy of Best Practice Technical audits, with direct impact on departmental results.
- Resolve issues that are generalized and typically not complex, but require understanding of a broader set of issues.
- Serve as a key resource on Quality Assurance related questions and revisions to Best Practice Guidelines.
- Track and monitor Quality Assurance results and provide diagnostic reports on areas of strength and opportunity.
- Problem solve and look for opportunities to enhance Best Practice Guidelines, Quality Assurance Questionnaires, and Athenium audit tool functionality.
- Identify areas for “Focus” or “Niche” audits based on audit findings and areas for improvement.
- Track on monitor audit completion rates by line of business. Provide Claims Leadership with ongoing feedback on Quality Assurance deliverables.
- Assist in the development and tracking of all Management Action Plans.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on audit tool functionality and reporting.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Must have good business acumen (i.e. understand how an insurance company works and makes money, including how this role impacts both Argo Group and our customers’ ability to be profitable).
- A practical knowledge of claims handling through:
- A minimum of two years’ experience adjudicating commercial property-casualty claims, preferably with exposure of $100,000 or more.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required. Two or more insurance designations or four additional years of related experience adjudicating construction defect claims beyond the minimum experience required above may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Exhibit natural curiosity
- An aptitude for diagnostic problem solving.
- A high-energy, motivated individual with strong verbal and written communication skills. The ability to express thoughts and opinions in a confident manner.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and be able to effectively prioritize your workload, manager multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a team player that communicates and collaborates with peers to achieve common goals in a team environment.
- A strong sense of accountability and pride in completing an excellent work product.
- Must work independently and demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Strong personal computing skills, including extensive experience working on Windows and MS Excel, and solid working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with ImageRight and MS Access is a plus.
- The ability to read and write English fluently is required.
- Must demonstrate a desire for continued professional development through continuing education and self-development opportunities.
About Working in US Claims at Argo Group
- Argo Group does not treat our claims or our claims professionals as a commodity. The work we offer is challenging, diverse, and impactful.
- Our Adjusters and Managers are empowered to exercise their independent discretion and, within broad limits and authority, be creative in developing solutions and treat each case as the unique situation it is.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- Our entire claims team works in a collaborative nature to expeditiously resolve claims. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $68,000 - $81,000 plus eligibility for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.