At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
We are looking for a highly capable Triage Specialist to join our Claims Operations Support team and work from any US Argo office or remotely as a home-based employee anywhere in the United States. This role is well positioned to move into Claims Trainee positions when they become available to grow their professional career in the insurance industry.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Under technical direction and within standard limits and authority provide clerical support to claims adjusters to facilitate timely and accurate management of commercial claims.
- Update new and existing claims in claims database and contact brokers as needed.
- Screen all incoming phone calls, assess and assign out to proper party.
- Retrieve and work general voice mailbox
- Prepare written correspondence
- Print attached backup documentation/invoice and mail checks.
- Electronic and paper filing as needed.
- Determining coverage and adjuster assignment.
- Investigating the claim - this requires calling the claimant, insured
- Processing mail and prioritizing workload.
- Technical information gathering through ordering reports, contacting police departments for vehicle/ equipment recovery.
- Responsible for telephone calls from various parties (insured, claimant, etc.).
- Have an appreciation and passion for strong claim management.
- Actively manage fast track caseload.
- Manage diary and complete tasks to ensure that cases move to the best financial outcome and timely resolution.
- Properly set initial claim reserves.
- Identify, assign, and coordinate the assignment and coordination of expertise resources to assist in case resolution.
- Applying creative solutions which result in the best financial outcome.
- Have an appreciation and passion for strong claim management.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Must have good business acumen (i.e. understand how an insurance company works and makes money, including how this role impacts both Argo Group and our customers’ ability to be profitable).
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills. The ability to read and write English is required.
- A high-level knowledge of Service Center policies and guidelines through:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is strongly preferred and one year insurance experience required.
- An eagerness and desire to learn the Triage claims function with the intent of becoming a Claims Adjuster.
- Intellectual curiosity – the ability to consistently consider all options and is not governed by conventional thinking.
- Client focus – the ability to effectively determine specific client needs and to provide value added solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with clients, business partners and organizational peers with a focus on timely and meaningful exchanges of information.
- Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate a desire for continued professional development through continuing education and self-development opportunities.
- General knowledge of commercial insurance strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks.
- Exhibit a natural curiosity.
About Working in US Claims at Argo Group
- Argo Group does not treat our claims or our claims professionals as a commodity. The work we offer is challenging, diverse, and impactful.
- Our Adjusters and Managers are empowered to exercise their independent discretion and, within broad limits and authority, be creative in developing solutions and treat each case as the unique situation it is.
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- Our entire claims team works in a collaborative nature to expeditiously resolve claims. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. We even offer rewards for creative and innovative ideas.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $43,000 - $49,600 plus eligibility for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.