At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Global Data Team, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer.
If you believe Data Architecture is foundational to an information-based operational environment, can envision how Data Architecture can be a source of competitive advantage, and is passionate about making development teams deliver value faster while streamlining IT Operations, then this role is for you.
The DevOps Engineer position requires a professional who understands software development and can also solve IT operational challenges by using software engineering tools and processes. This professional will build solutions that improve collaboration and productivity of Development and IT Operations functions by automating infrastructure, automating workflows and continuously measuring application performance.
The role will report to the Group Data DevOps Lead and work with a team of geographically dispersed experts and engineers across Global Data Team.
What does a DevOps Engineer workday look like?
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Work collaboratively with all parties to design and implement DevOps solutions, and ensure they are being utilized to their fullest potential
- Handle work items in Jira and Support tickets in ServiceNow
- Deliver the DevOps solutions on an Agile-based delivery model
- Identify manual processes that can be automated
- Design and implements solutions that streamlines IT Operations while improving compliance to IT Controls
- You're comfortable reading and debugging code written by others, and you write your own code to allow others to do the same. To that end, you appreciate the value of common standards.
- Understand a process first to lead to intelligent automation
- Manage, track and document changes to code with source control tools
- Measure performance and environment of application with system & application log tools
- You view security as a first-class concern. You can recognize common application vulnerabilities, and you know how to remediate them.
What’s required for the position:
- Technical confidence and familiarity with DevOps tools, techniques and more importantly, mindset
- Passionate about building automation solutions on AWS cloud infrastructure
- Understands software development and can also solve IT operational challenges by using software engineering tools and processes
- Solid understanding of source control tools such as Git and Bitbucket
- Ability to manage priorities and expectations in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to achieve results in a very deadline driven environment
- Focused on quality and delivering on commitments
- Agile skills and experience with Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Extensive experience working with AWS services like IAM, RDS (Postgres), EC2, S3, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudWatch, Secrets Manager and PrivateLink
- Version control tools like Git, Bitbucket
- CI/CD tools like AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline and Bitbucket Pipelines
- Proficiency in scripting languages including Bash and PowerShell
- Experience with containers suck as Docker
- Micro services architectures, web services, REST APIs, API Gateways
- Networking concepts like Firewalls, NAT, Port, Subnetting, VPC, VPNs
- Experience with Snowflake, Qlik Replicate, Ataccama, Talend and QuerySurge is beneficial
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer and Agile certification is a plus
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.