At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Business Delivery Service team, we are looking for a Director, Business Process Outsourcing.
The Director, Business Process Outsourcing will report to the VP, BPO and Vendor Management. This position is focused on driving the strategy and manage the results of outsourced functions across multiple Argo Business Units. This role will partner directly with Business Unit Leads and Operations staff to ensure outsourced tasks adhere to contracted Service Levels while optimizing the value and effectiveness of outsourced and automated activities.
What does a Director, Business Process Outsourcing’s workday look like?
- Manage outsourcing partners and onshore BPO Analysts to deliver timely and accurate task completion across multiple Argo Business Units and Functions
- Communicate performance and initiative updates regularly and effectively to internal Argo leadership and stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and communicate core operational data reporting to clearly summarize results and effectiveness of outsourced activities
- Utilize operational and financial data to identify strategic opportunities for outsourcing and/or automation
- Identify efficiency opportunities through analysis of exception, quality, and feedback data.
- Manage the Argo outsourcing Quality Assurance program, aligning efforts to best identify performance gaps and adhere to SOX control standards
- Effectively communicate across multiple levels of Argo management, vendor contacts, and all key stakeholders within relevant support areas.
- Lead, document, and demonstrate governance controls through Service Descriptions and Standard Operating Procedures
- Transition new tasks and work types to our BPO vendors using project management techniques to ensure new task are implemented on time and to requirements.
- Establish an innovative culture within the team to drive continuous improvement, cost savings and business efficiencies with internal business partners and external vendors/partners.
- Drive the deployment of new technologies, processes and methodologies to continually improve the delivery of outsourced services to the organization to drive efficiency, reduce costs, mitigate risks.
- Cultivate a partnership and positive working relationship as a ‘trusted advisor’ with Argo business units and corporate functions across the organization.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for high sensitivity requests and issue escalations
- Identify additional opportunities for outsourcing / offshoring while keeping informed of offshore marketplace changes and potential impacts to service.
- Lead regular performance review calls with business stakeholders.
- Manage members of the Argo BPO team, ensuring consistency and partnership from them in their interactions with business stakeholders and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s required for the position:
- Minimum 7 years managing business process outsourcing vendors
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in the commercial property and casualty industry strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, with extensive experience interpreting and presenting performance data
- Experience evaluating performance and managing a vendor partner to contracted SLAs
- Experience communicating performance, value, and efficiency metrics to multiple business stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including listening skills.
- Experience supporting multiple internal customers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize competing demands.
- Team spirit, enthusiasm and ability to cooperate with others to accomplish goals.
- Ability to travel.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills, that’s even better:
- Comfortable working alone and in teams.
- Experience in a paperless environment desired.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And don’t forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.