At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
- Recording of Reinsurance Policy contracts into core RI Systems including premium calculation and booking to the RI Ledger
- Calculation of reinsurance premium adjustments.
- Reinsurance recovery (and reinstatement) calculations and processing on Treaty and Facultative covers.
- Producing and sending out reinsurance collection / advice letters on Treaty and Facultative covers.
- Assist in the completion of the reinsurance month-end / quarter-end close.
- Payment of reinsurance premiums / claims via LORS and allocation to reinsurance ledger
- Dealing with Brokers & Reinsurers iro disputes / credit control issues.
- Monitoring aged debt and chasing unsettled balances.
- Calculate ‘Gross to Net’ for large loss reporting to management.
- Assist in completion of quarterly and annual terrorism returns (ATIA, GAREAT, Pool Re, etc.)
- Other Ad-Hoc reporting.
- A desire to build a career in the Insurance / Reinsurance market.
- Ability to communicate well one-to-one and in small groups.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to deliver on tasks and meet deadlines, taking pride in their work & achievements.
- Attention to detail.
- Educated to GCSE Level, including English and Maths, or equivalent qualification.
- Working towards or desire to work towards ACII qualification.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Sound Reinsurance knowledge – a minimum of five years’ experience working in Reinsurance within the Lloyd’s & London Market.
- Good understanding of Lloyds reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate/ advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using ELGAR and/ or LORS.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.