At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
The Senior Data Architect designs and builds leading-edge data solutions and models. They are the custodians of our data models, working closely with engineering teams to shape and design new products and services that fit into an overall data architecture for Argo’s Ecosystem.
This position requires a wide range of domain knowledge within the P&C Insurance industry, technical development, design, and multitasking skills. This role can be based in any of our US Argo offices or remote.
What’s Required For The Position
- 10+ years professional work experience in delivering data and analytics solutions
- At Minimum 3+ year of experience in P&C Insurance
- At Minimum 3+ year of experience with data Modeling tools like Spark, Erwin Data Modeler
- Experienced in Data Warehousing/Analytic end to end architecture
- Comfortable with different modelling methodologies – 3NF, Dimensional and Data Vault
- Abreast of the latest industry developments across data, including machine learning and modern algorithmic techniques at scale.
- Strong communication and influencing skills used to drive the implementation of data design best practice at the Engineering and Product Manager levels within and across teams
- Curiosity and drive to understand business processes and the data they generate in addition to the opportunities to structure and use this data to drive business value
- Working with a variety of colleagues, including Product Owners and the Engineering community, to ensure the best data solutions are delivered.
- Triaging new requirements, providing impact assessments and appropriate estimates for amending data models in line with solution designs and requirements
- Developing and enhancing business physical data models in line with new requirements
- Enhancing data models and being their custodian, driving alignment as appropriate
- Draws conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Defining and owning modelling within a delivery team from a physical perspective on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring the data models developed meet the appropriate standards and principles
- Creating solutions that meet business needs and move towards end state architecture
- Ensuring data models are documented, communicated, updated and centrally managed in an appropriate manner.
- Collaborates with Data Governance to define data/information standards for enterprise warehouse repository.
- Collaborates with Data Governance to help define metadata management to manage all enterprise information architecture project artifacts.
- Working with the broader architecture community of practice to support architects and teams in other domains; sharing personal learning and expertise, and sharing plans to promote alignment and innovation.
If you have these preferred skills, that is even better:
- Experience with modern data Modeling tools like Spark, Erwin Data Modeler
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data warehouse
- Experience with Realtime integration and db Log replication architectures like Qlik(Attunity) replicate
- Experience with Cloud native ETL tools like - Talend, Informatica
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The published salary range applies to applicants that reside in the state of Colorado. The salary range for this role is $113,600 - $135,100.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.